Field / Laboratory Technician
In 2023, we changed our name from Anderson Engineering, Inc. to OWN, Inc. to be more reflective of our team and the mindset that makes us go. While the name may be new, the links to the past have led us to what we are today: a community of talented employee-owners driven by mutual success.
OWN, Inc. is an engineering firm that believes in the power of employee-ownership. Our talented team builds futures while helping shape the built environment across the country from our offices in Missouri, Kansas, Arkansas, and Florida. We serve the Private Development and Public Infrastructure markets with core offerings of Civil Engineering, Structural Engineering, Land Surveying, and Field Services. No matter the project or scope, our clients enjoy problem-solving and service that goes beyond the expected.
We are looking for a Field / Laboratory Technician to join our Springfield, MO team.
What you will get to do:
- Field inspection of construction projects
- Materials testing
You will be a good fit if:
- Enjoy working outdoors
- Self-motivated individual and customer service oriented
- Ability to work effectively as an individual as well as in a team environment
- Strong interpersonal skills including verbal and written communications
- Willing to learn the skills necessary for the position
- Detail oriented
- Valid, clean driver’s license
- Can pass drug screen and physical
- Construction experience and knowledge is a plus
- Basic computer knowledge required
- Familiar with OSHA and safety requirements
- Able to lifting- up to 80 pounds at waist and up to 50 pounds to shoulders
- Able to Climb and bend in tight spots
- Understand that we work at outdoor and indoor sites in all weather conditions
When you join us, you can find your own way through:
1. Community. Giving of time, treasures, and talents to fulfill personal passions and show up in your community.
2. Empowerment. Our employees are given full reign and the trust to make decisions in the best interest of their clients and teams.
3. Flexibility. The freedom to be a professional. The freedom to be a person.
4. ESOP. Our Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) is owned 100% by employees – equitably, a fact most employee-owned firms can’t claim.
5. Having fun. Laughing, jokes, high fives, celebrations – we take our work seriously but not ourselves.
6. Teamwork. A sense of belonging, learning from those around you, and feeling like you’re on the winning team.
It is the policy of OWN, Inc. to provide equal employment opportunities to all persons without regard to their race, age, color, physical handicap or disability, military service record, religion, sex, national origin or any other categorization protected by law, and to promote the full realization of equal employment opportunity through a positive continuing program