Rumbling Bald Resort is accepting applications for a Kids Camp Activity Counselor scheduled to work 9 am - 5 pm, Monday - Friday for up to 40 hours per week beginning Memorial Day through Labor Day. The Activity Counselor leads campers (youth ages 6-18) in organized recreational activities such as kayaking, canoeing, swimming, basketball, crafts, horseback riding, speed tubing, zip lining, night-time parties, and various recreational activities. Also, maintains the established standards of service, hospitality, cleanliness, and safety in the Wellness Center areas.
Essential Job Functions:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
- Organize and lead activities for campers ages 6-18 such as group parties, water activities, sports activities, both on and off resort property.
- Ensure the safety and well being of campers at all times.
- Participate in all activities with campers.
- Create a sense of community between campers and camp counselors.
- Report behavior issues in writing to the Wellness Manager/Lead Wellness Representative and parents immediately.
- Maintain comprehensive knowledge of all Wellness Center operations, products, services, and programs.
- Provide counter service in the Wellness Center, as needed.
- Perform other related duties as directed by the Wellness Center management.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Ability to follow written and oral instructions in English.
- A valid driver's license with an excellent driving record, reliable transportation, and availability to work a flexible schedule including day/evening shifts, weekends and holidays.
- Excellent customer service skills, a positive attitude and ability to work as a team member.
- Must have intermediate swimming skills.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; bend; walk; use hands to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms and occasionally lift 25lbs. Must be able to withstand working in a variety of weather conditions including sunlight and a hot/humid summer climate and swim at an intermediate level.
We are looking for hardworking and reliable people who want to be a part of the team we have built at Rumbling Bald Resort. We aim to provide a fun and enjoyable work environment for all of our Associates. During your time off, spend your day on the lake, enjoy our hiking trails, beach, pools, tennis and golf courses.
Rumbling Bald Resort is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled