ABOUT VERTAVA HEALTH:
Vertava Health is a leading national behavioral healthcare system for mental health and substance use disorders, providing a full continuum of services based on the individuals' varying needs at different times in their health and recovery journey. We apply evidence-based treatment modalities at every level of care and embed digital health tools to enhance and amplify clinical outcomes. With a growing list of Joint Commission accredited inpatient and outpatient locations across the country, a virtual care platform and a national network of healthcare providers, Vertava Health pioneers care that empowers people so that they can live out their best future.
In order to make this possible, we need an exceptional Clinical Liaison who can meet the requirements below. Think you have what it takes to help us change lives all over the country?
Please note that this is a remote position, but the ideal candidate will live in the Cleveland, OH area.
The Clinical Liaison is responsible for building relationships in identified hospital systems to build a consistent level of discharges to Vertava Health services. The Clinical Liaison will be required to perform patient assessments, facilitate transition planning with family members and coordinate discharge planning with patient.
Priority responsibilities include:
- Supports facilities in the evaluation, placement, and admittance of patients for healthcare services.
- Markets clinical services and develops and maintains relationships with healthcare providers and referral sources.
- Develops and implements strategic planning for territory management, follow through, and continual growth as it relates to clinical services.
- Reviews patients' medical records.
- Explains care options to patients and their families.
- Receives calls from referral sources, responds timely, and initiates paperwork to begin intake/referral process.
- Serves as patient advocate in evaluating/developing plan of care and obtaining informed consent for treatment.
- Calls on physicians and hospitals within an assigned territory to open new accounts and promote Vertava Health services.
- Implements territory business plans and manages sales time and resources according to plan, adjusting the plan as necessary to meet goals.
- Communicates weekly with Sales Leader to discuss sales activities, new opportunities, potential problems, etc.
- Gathers/organizes account related information and provides input on key customer opportunities.
- Makes sales calls, arranges appointments, performs patient assessments and delivers educational programs to keep referral sources current in Vertava Health services. Act as a liaison between referral sources and location Staff to provide information on Company services, specialties, and resolve problems and maintain positive customer relations.
- Establishes/maintains effective working relationships with appropriate location and corporate support to keep abreast of current and service offerings.
- Adheres to and participates in Company’s mandatory HIPAA privacy program/practices.
- Reviews and adheres to all Company policies and procedures.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as directed by Sales Leader.
- Maintains detailed territory list, prioritizing accounts in accordance with the market/territory sales plan and other available business intelligence tools. Maintains detailed territory management records using SalesForce CRM.
- Collaborate with multiple departments, teams and stakeholders, including Sales Leaders, Physicians, Hospitals, Senior-Leadership Teams, Business development teams, Businesses, EAP’S, etc.
- Other duties as assigned
- Licensed Therapist or Registered Nurse required
- Bachelor’s Degree in nursing or MSW required.
- Background in business development and service sales required. Knowledge of sales techniques.
- Minimum of two years health care or related industry sales experience generally preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal communication and presentation skills.
- Resilience when faced with rejection critical
- Possesses a high level of positive energy
- Ability to prepare reports electronically and have knowledge of Internet, word perfect and Microsoft PowerPoint, Outlook and Excel or their equivalents
- Must have the ability to work with discharge planners, charge nurses, emergency room staff, Physicians, Medical Directors, lawyers, community leaders, third party payers potential patients and families, and any agency or individual which impacts program operations at a corporate, city, county, state or Federal level.
- Ability to effectively handle multiple projects
- Ability to sit, use hands and fingers, talk and hear continually. Ability to stand, walk and reach continually. Ability to climb or balance, stoop, kneel, or crouch frequently.
- Ability to frequently lift and carry up to 20 lbs.
- Close vision required to see computer monitor, read documents, and operate copy and fax machine.
- Work environment is indoors and climate controlled. Occasionally exposed to outdoor weather conditions.
Vertava Health is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled