Vice President of Technology
The National WWII Museum is currently seeking a Vice President of Technology to lead the organization’s technology initiatives through strategic planning, implementation, and integration to support the organization’s goals. Reporting to the Executive Vice President of Operations & Chief Operating Officer, this position will ensure the long-range plan for the Museum’s back office infrastructure, security, and data integrity is current, valid, and in keeping with current technology. The Vice President will also oversee the organization’s growing technology needs to support the expansion of digital collections and audience engagement. The ideal candidate will have hands-on and managerial experience in the areas of strategic planning, network administration, database management, and interactive services.
Core Competencies and Responsibilities:
- Strategic Planning
- Lead a team, with the support of the Sr Director of IT, that will develop and implement a long-term strategic plan to drive a technology plan that supports all of the Museum’s educational and operational needs.
- Create a process to frequently review emerging technologies that will allow the Museum to adjust the tactical components of the strategic plan to best leverage those qualified technologies.
- Lead the Museum’s creative strategy to harness its technologies in new ways to add value to its programs, content, exhibits, and communications with stakeholders.
- Lead frequent discussions with Museum department leaders to determine a strategy for new technology needs and upgrades to existing applications and data storage plans.
- Oversee enterprise-wide systems to support all Museum departments, including information sharing and project management solutions.
- Interactive Services
- Guide and oversee the development of the Museum’s data infrastructure and data communications to allow the secure transfer of pertinent information to the Museum’s various interactive and online experiences.
- Support the department’s efforts in the design and implementation of a data infrastructure, and corresponding systems, to ensure the Museum can fulfill its educational mission through its digital collections and digital outreach initiatives.
- Systems, Hardware, Software, and Network
- Ensure that the servers, switches, routers, and other aspects of the Museum’s network infrastructure are viable and secure.
- Oversee the inventory management system for all technological equipment, including peripheral and networking equipment.
- Ensure that the Museum’s cyber and physical data and applications are readily available and secured.
- Ensure that all Museum data is backed up and that a disaster recovery plan is in place and tested.
- Ensure that the Museum’s internal and external communications systems and links are available and secure.
- Oversee the design and implementation of the Museum’s CCTV Security systems.
- Assist departments with the selection and implementation of software applications as needed.
- Provide desktop support and track team workflows.
- Database Management
- Provide a vision for database management in areas such as ticketing, merchandising, collections, fundraising, direct marketing, accounting, and financial analysis.
- Prepare annual departmental budget.
- Assist in the preparation of grant applications to fund new and existing technology initiatives.
- Create and manage IT Policies to safeguard the Museum’s technology assets.
- Ensure the organization remains PCI compliant.
- Bachelor’s degree (Masters degree preferred) in Computer Science or related field and 3-5 years experience in leading a team in an unyielding and innovative technology environment; experience managing an outcomes-driven IT team at a mid-sized organization preferred.
- Experience in innovative website design, network infrastructure management, storage area network management, and Windows-based servers preferred.
- Extensive knowledge of database design concepts and database management tools.
- Strong leadership skills; ability to manage and work with others in a team-oriented environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills; ability to work on multiple concurrent assignments under pressure and to consistently meet deadlines.
Please visit our careers page to see more job opportunities.