The Hostess is primarily responsible for greeting and handling guest interactions with excellent and efficient seating in accordance with established standards to achieve 100% customer satisfaction. Loyalty goals and guest expectations will be exceeded.
The Hostess shall strive to provide exceptional service to both internal and external guests at all times and will be responsible for exemplifying the Soul Community Planet culture.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
● Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental policies/service procedures/standards.
● Maintain complete knowledge of correct maintenance and use of equipment. Use equipment only as intended.
● Anticipate guests' needs, respond promptly, and acknowledge all guests, however busy and whatever time of day.
● Maintain positive guest relations at all times.
● Assist manager/supervisor to monitor side-work duty completion.
● Read daily communication sheets from the previous shift and prepare one for the following shift.
● Check for cleanliness and set up of F&B Areas. Check service stands and aisle areas. Check tables for cleanliness and proper set up prior to seating guests.
● Communicate daily with the manager with regard to special events, house counts, etc.
● Communicate both verbally and in writing to provide clear direction to staff.
● Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
● Perform any other job-related duties as assigned.
● Inspect, plan, and ensure that all materials and equipment are in complete readiness for service; rectify deficiencies.
● Ensure equipment and facilities are inspected, cleaned, and in proper operational conditions at all times. Cleaning tables between tables and allowing for proper disinfection time before the next guests are seated.
● Monitor interaction with guests, ensuring prompt and courteous service; resolve discrepancies.
● Assist staff with their job functions to ensure optimum service to guests.
● Observe guest reactions and confer frequently with staff to ensure guest satisfaction.
● Assist guests with reports of lost/stolen articles, following hotel policy.
● Adhere to hotel requirements for guest/employee accidents or injuries and in emergency situations.
The associate is held accountable for all duties of this job and other duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION:
● High school diploma or equivalent
● Prior hospitality experience preferred
● At least three years of experience in food service operations preferred
● Any combination of education and experience equivalent to graduation from high school or any other combination of training or experience that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities
● Fluency in other languages beneficial
● Must be a United States citizen or possess a valid work permit
● Must be able to read, write and speak English
● Must have strong computer skills and a working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs
● Must be able to accurately follow instructions, both verbally and written
● Must be detailed orientated and work well under pressure
● Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment
● Must have excellent listening skills and phone etiquette
● Must possess excellent communication skills
● Must be professional in appearance and demeanor
● Must always ensure a teamwork environment
● Ability to work a flexible schedule that may include evenings, weekends and holidays
● Must have the ability to deal effectively and interact well with the guests and associates
● Must have the ability to resolve problems/conflicts in a diplomatic and tactful manner
● Must have a passion for creating an exceptional experience for all guests
● Must have excellent guest and associate relations skills. Skilled in problem-solving by identifying the problem and working through it.
● Possess strong leadership, motivational, organizational, and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to stand on feet throughout the shift, with intermittent periods of walking
- Must be able to occasionally lift, carry, push & pull up to 35 lbs with assistance
- Must be able to perform simple grasping, fine manipulation, and repetitive hand & arm movements frequently, and squeezing & overhead reaching occasionally.
- Must be able to bend, squat, crawl, kneel, push, pull, walk on uneven surfaces on an occasional basis
- While primarily an indoor job, must be able to walk outside in a variety of weather conditions (rain, wind, heat)
- Must be able to climb stairs occasionally, both indoors and outside in a variety of weather conditions (rain, wind, heat).
- Must be able to work in variable temperatures, as kitchen temperatures may fluctuate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. He or she will be required to follow other instructions and perform other work-related duties requested by his or her supervisor.
Soul Community Planet is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled