Billing Specialist- Denials
Location: Silver Spring, MD
Full Job Description
As a Denials Specialist, you will:
• Verifies and corrects insurance information, charges and coding issues for electronic claims and manual corporate billing.
• Ensures that all billing guidelines are followed per the payer billing requirements.
• Contacts insurance companies regarding status of appeals.
• Daily reconciliation and elimination of billing backlogs.
• Follow-up on payment errors, low reimbursement, denials, etc.
• Review EOBs and initiate appeals as necessary.
• Responsible for taking and resolving patient billing calls and inquiries.
• Perform timely insurance follow-up, handling self-pay account collection and resolving denials.
• Work denial reports to determine denial reasons; identify root cause of denials; recommend changes to reduce denials
• High School Diploma or GED required
• 2+ years of medical billing experience
• Experience with Electronic Health Records Software
• Certified medical coder preferred
• Covid-19 Vaccination
EXECUTIVE PERSONNEL SERVICES INC is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled