Are you interested in making a move to a fast-paced work environment with a growing company making a global impact every day? Vysnova Partners, Inc. (Vysnova) is a program management firm that delivers professional and technical services worldwide to governmental and commercial clients. Vysnova staff manages programs and projects primarily within the Public Health, Government Acquisition and Training sectors. We work throughout in the U.S. and overseas including; Africa, Asia, Latin America and the Middle East chiefly for governmental clients, including the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the Department of Defense (DOD), the General Services Administration (GSA), and the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID).
Currently, Vysnova is seeking a highly qualified and motivated Technical Consultant for potential (pending contract award) full-time work supporting the Office of the Assistant Secretary for Preparedness and Response (ASPR). This role will be onsite at either the Atlanta, GA or Washington, DC offices.
Program: The Office of the Assistant Secretary for Preparedness and Response (ASPR) is a public health preparedness and emergency response organization in the Office of the Secretary at the United States Department of Health and Human Services. ASPR was created under the Pandemic and All Hazards Preparedness Act in the wake of Hurricane Katrina to lead the nation in preventing, preparing for, and responding to the adverse health effects of public health emergencies and disasters.
The Technical Consultant provides subject matter expertise and leads design and development efforts for subject matter area.
- Develops plans, strategies, programs and budgets.
- Analyzes and evaluates programs and provides metrics for improvement.
- Provides subject matter expertise and leads design and development efforts for subject matter area.
- Develops plans, strategies, programs and budgets. Analyzes and evaluates programs and provides metrics for improvement.
- Provide technical expertise, program, contract management and acquisition support to BARDA’s execution of multiple research and development programs.
- Develop program plans, strategies and budgets.
- Analyze and evaluate programs, proposals and plans, and program metrics to identify improvements.
- Assist with the design, procurement, and execution of programs in support of the Government Program Director(s). Coordinate with potential user communities and their needs, emerging industrial and academic capabilities, and provide guidance on the integration of products from related technology programs.
- Identify and review emerging requirements and opportunities for transition of selected technology programs.
- Coordinate efforts among Government Program Director(s) and other Government stakeholders; and organize information associated with product development and transition of projects into advanced development.
- Identify, evaluate, and accelerate innovative projects to advance BARDA’s initiatives.
- Perform project and program portfolio management oversight to ensure all critical elements are addressed, including monitoring project and program activities, milestones, budget execution, and performer progress.
- Bachelors degree in life sciences, emergency management, or other related field is REQUIRED
- Possess an advanced graduate degree is desirable (e.g.,Masters or Doctor of Philosophy (PhD)) in biological sciences, pharmaceutical sciences, engineering, or related discipline. Strong candidates with demonstrated relevant experience will also be considered.
- Possess PMP Certification or equivalent is beneficial.
- Prior experience working with innovative Government institutions (e.g., DARPA, IARPA) or Biopharmaceutical industry experience is considered beneficial.
- Experience leading early stage research and development projects and teams.
- Possess knowledge and experience in one or more of the following subject areas is desired: sepsis, diagnostics, microbiology, systems biology, infectious disease, medical countermeasure and/or pharmaceutical research and development.
- A well-rounded, flexible, and energetic scientist/technologist is critical for this position.
- Possess an excellent written and verbal communication skills including experience with unstructured verbal interactions, briefings, and meeting moderation.
- Intellectually curious, creative thinker who can conceptualize research directions, analyze trends, and help develop justifications for new research and development investments.
- Possess demonstrated experience providing scientific advice to government Program Director(s).
- Possess demonstrated experience in assisting with coordinating potential research collaborations with other Federal government agencies, industry, and international organizations.
- Ability to analyze, summarize, and communicate the intellectual content of scientific and technological information to both scientific and lay audiences quickly and effectively.
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- 4-6 years experience is REQUIRED
Vysnova Partners Inc is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled