Do you like making genuine connections with people? Building rapport and building positive relationships in the life of others? Come work for one of BC’s top not-for-profit societies.
The Phoenix Society is a not-for-profit society dedicated to providing accessible services and opportunities to people who face barriers related to substance use, mental health, housing, education, criminal justice involvement and/or employment.
What we offer:
- 100% employer paid benefits
- Disability insurance
- Life insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care (Dental, Vision, paramedical)
- Flexible schedule
- Matching RRSP contribution
- 6 health and 6 personal leave days a year
- Education and training allowance
- Bring your dog to work
Reporting to the Fraser East Program Manager, the Program Coordinator is the lead staff person for the Travelodge ERC. The Program Coordinator is accountable for
- Supervision and scheduling of ERC Operations
- Team Support
- Risk Management
- Health and Safety Adherence
- Community Relations
- Client Support and Case management
Supervision of Operations
- Effectively coordinates, supervises and is accountable for the daily operations of Mobile Support Worker staff to ensure operational quality requirements and standards of excellence are maintained at all times.
- Works to ensure a safe, well maintained and healthy building environment.
- Identifies, monitors and responds to problematic behaviours to ensure safety and a comfortable environment for residents.
- Ensures all case management and BC Housing reporting requirements are met.
- Participate in the team’s planning and implementation of quality improvement projects such as evaluating client needs, improving services and implementing new service strategies.
- Assists in the oversight of local transitions housing programs.
- Provides supervision, direction, coaching and assistance to staff in the completion of daily operating tasks and routines in the Shelter Programs.
- Provides delegation between contracted Pharmacy to ensure medication administration, documentation and accuracy is being completed.
- Interviews, orient, trains, supervises and evaluates new employees, volunteers and practicum students on shift responsibilities and routines and reports to supervisory position.
- Ensures that all documentation for shift tasks, responsibilities and routines are completed.
- Schedules staff and oversees the filling of vacancies.
- Coaches staff as appropriate to improve performance, increase job satisfaction, and improve career development.
- Assists staff in understanding how they operate both physically and psychologically as related to the overall organizational mandate.
- Motivates and coaches staff to achieve established goals that meet and/or exceed program and organizational needs.
- Projects a results-driven, personable, and creative demeanor.
- Academic: Position requires a two year diploma and at least three years relevant work experience. Preference given to those with a degree in a relevant discipline, e.g., social services, business management etc. Equivalent experience and education accepted.
- English: fluent and able to effectively communicate professionally, orally and written, in English.
- First Aid Certification with CPR
- Satisfactory Criminal Records Check Review for working with vulnerable populations.
- Client centered: experienced in providing a person centered, community minded supportive environment,
- Case Management: experienced in case management processes and procedures.
- Recording and Reporting: trained and experienced in records, reports, statistics and database management.
- Computer: proficient in MS Windows, Word, Excel, Email and Internet, experienced in database management.
- Experience: in working with marginalized people affected by problematic substance use, homelessness, emotional and mental health issues, unemployment, lack of education and involvement with the criminal justice system.
- Driver’s License: Must possess a valid class 5 driver’s license and present a driver’s abstract.
We look forward to your application!
Phoenix Society is an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcomes all applicants to apply and does not discriminate based on race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other basis covered by appropriate law.