Part-Time Lighting Engineer
Part-Time Lighting Engineer
Arts Quest Values Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging
Our employees are the most valuable assets we have. The collective sum of the individual differences, life experiences, knowledge, inventiveness, innovation, self-expression, unique capabilities, and talent that our employees invest in their work represents a significant part of not only our culture, but our reputation and the organization’s achievement as well.
At ArtsQuest a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workplace is one where all employees feel valued and respected whatever their age, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, and/or veteran status. We embrace and encourage our employees’ characteristics that make them unique, because we value and appreciate diverse life experiences. ArtsQuest is in search of the following:
Reports to: Production Manager
Direct Reports: None
Responsible for operation of lighting equipment during live performances, corporate events, small stage presentations; system set up, operations, troubleshooting, directing the stage crew throughout performances to provide an exceptional event experience for our clients, customers, and staff. The position is not limited to lighting. Basic understanding of audio and general stagehand skills are a plus.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
• Experience with AVO Lights Console, ETC Ion, and Chamsys Magic Q, in live performances settings, from Rock and Roll to Theatre and Dance, and Corporate Events.
• TV/Film lighting a plus.
• Touring experience a plus.
• Willing to share knowledge and mentor less-seasoned crew.
• Solid technical ability and troubleshooting skills.
• 1 year of active production experience.
• Rigging experience, a plus (not afraid of heights).
• General Production background.
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• Flexibility/versatility in doing whatever it takes to get the job done.
• Ability to provide courteous, friendly, and efficient service to artists and staff with a smile.
• Flexible, “think on your feet” attitude.
• Extensive knowledge and exposure to ArtsQuest programs preferred.
• Ability to multi-task with attention to detail in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to work indoors or outdoors, behind a console and remain visible and accessible to artists.
• Ability to move easily about throughout the building in order to set up lighting for a live performance.
• Establish and maintain positive working relationships with coworkers, supervisors, and volunteers; strong people skills, including diplomacy and empathy.
• Ability to follow instructions and communicate clear guidelines and work at a very quick pace, particularly during events and other functions.
Physical Abilities Required:
physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by
an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to read, write, speak, and understand the English language at a level adequate to perform the job; bi-lingual in other languages a plus. Ability to work for extended periods of time, sit, stand, climb, walk, stretch, squat, kneel, stoop, bend, lift, push, pull, pinch, grip, reach overhead, reach away from body, and repetitive motion; use of a keyboard, mouse, ability to talk, see, hear, smell, feel, (identifying objects by touch), depth perception and color vision; lift up to 25 pounds frequently and 50 pounds occasionally with or without assistance; Ability to stand and walk for extended periods of time. Must have the ability to work safely to lift more than 100 pounds occasionally with the assistance of others.
is frequently required to travel between our facilities, all within 1 mile of
one another using reliable personal transportation. Employee may be frequently
required to travel offsite for business meetings as needed, as well as to pick
up and return equipment, as needed.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Schedules vary depending upon activities and events; flexibility and the ability to work during the hours of operation of the ArtsQuest Center, the Levitt Pavilion and other festivals and events, is required.
- Normal working environment is mostly indoors, however, the ability to work indoors and outdoors in all types of weather conditions during festivals and events is required.
- This position requires availability on weekends and evenings primarily. Shifts normally range from 4 hours to 10 hours or more depending upon the nature of the event.
ArtsQuest has a culture of CARES; Creativity, Adaptability, Risk Taking, Evaluation and Sustainability; In order to be successful at ArtsQuest you must be willing and able to take ownership, and make significant contributions to the success of the organization:
- We value a collaborative work style as well as the ability to work cross-functionally.
- We not only work in a performing arts center in close vicinity with other staff members, across multiple buildings, we also work outdoors in all types of weather during festivals and events
- We sometimes work long and unusual hours, including evenings, weekends, and holidays.
Note: This job description should not be interpreted as all inclusive. It is intended to identify the major responsibilities and requirements of this job.
FLSA Status: Part-Time Hourly
ArtsQuest is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Please visit our careers page to see more job opportunities.