We have an opportunity for an Accounting Clerk to
join our Team in a full-time role supporting the Finance department and its
The ideal candidate for this role is a team player, willing to take on new challenges and go for the assist to get those departmental goals achieved! You should have a keen attention to detail, excellent reporting skills, and the desire to excel in a dynamic environment. A new graduate or junior accounting professional with the desire to learn would be ideal in this role!
Working with us provides the following perks:
- 3 weeks vacation to start
- Company cell phone
- 5 Paid personal days
- 11 Paid office holidays (closures)
- Professional Development supported and encouraged
- Entering purchase orders and processing accounts payable invoices.
- Maintaining customer and vendor master data.
- Reviewing and reconcile vendor statements and resolve any discrepancies.
- Prepare and process accounts receivable invoices.
- Management of daily cash receipts.
- Reconcile intercompany accounts.
- Supporting digital cheque deposits to bank.
- Assist with month-end closing and other accounting functions as needed.
Provide support for team members with:
- Assisting in entering purchase orders and vendor invoices.
- Completion of expense reporting for departments.
- Completion of inventory adjustments and reconciliation.
- Completion of intercompany reconciliations.
- Assist in pre-authorized payment processing.
- Assist in processing vendor payments and employee reimbursements.
- Project based billing and invoicing.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- High school diploma or equivalent required; associate or bachelor's degree in accounting preferred.
- Strong understanding of accounting principles and practices.
- Experience using cloud-based ERP systems (Business Central considered an asset).
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, and Outlook).
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Comfortable learning new technology and programs.
- Organization and prioritization skills with a strong attention to detail.
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment and the ability to meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to work independently.
We are a family run company that prides ourselves on teamwork, quality and safety. If you feel that your values match ours, we look forward to hearing from you!