Providence an employee-owned engineering and environmental consulting firm is seeking to hire a full-time Survey Technician to join our team of professional engineers and environmental specialists. Providence’s focus is sustained by employing the best people to provide the highest quality services with innovation and integrity as we work closely with biologists, toxicologists, ecologists, geologists, and environmental regulatory specialists to offer an outstanding combination of talent and expertise for both governmental civil infrastructure and industrial development work.
- Survey Data importing and processing
- CAD drafting (figures, surfaces, alignments, plan sheet production, etc.)
- Proposal research and preparation
- Client communications
Qualifications and Experience
- ACAD experience plus 1 year of Technician / Vocational School
- Ability to perform topographic surveys including carrying linework, obtaining subsurface drainage information, and feature coding
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products (Excel, OneDrive, Outlook)
- Ability to follow instructions and work independently
We would also prefer the following skills: Hypack and Survey field experience along with working knowledge of Global Mapper
- Ability to travel semi-occasionally
- Ability to walk long distances.
- Ability to lift 30 lbs
- Ability to work outdoors in variable weather conditions and on varied terrain, sometimes for extended periods of time.
- Flexible scheduling options
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Competitive compensation with bonus potential
- Comprehensive benefits program: health, dental, vision; Life/AD&D; voluntary plans
- 401(K) with discretionary profit-sharing contributions