The Used Equipment Manager is responsible for directing The Used Equipment department. He/she will oversee Used Equipment operations, insure that inventories are properly maintained, sales goals are met, and general accounting practices are followed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain Used Equipment stock log to insure incoming equipment is being properly posted and costed.
- Maintain Used inventory and dispose of equipment that is deemed to be a non-mover or unsalable in a timely fashion.
- Review Used department’s schedule listing monthly to insure inventory/sales are being properly costed.
- Work with Marketing Manager to develop marketing plans and sales promotions for the used equipment department.
- Develop internal policies for interaction between Used/Rental/Service/Parts departments.
- Develop and generate reports monthly for Used Equipment to track sales and marketing efforts.
- Work jointly with Service Department to develop processes to organize and maintain warehouses at all locations.
- Develop and manage Used Equipment business plan with budget.
- Attend weekly status meetings with the Senior Vice President to discuss major deals, project status, and department volume.
- Attend weekly status meetings with department managers and sales reps to discuss service status and volume.
- Attend monthly management meetings with all department managers and President to discuss past month’s performance and forecast future months.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain positive communications with all company managers and departments.
- Schedule and approve time off requests for direct report employees.
- Understand, keep abreast, and comply with federal, state and local regulations as they relate to the Used Equipment Department.
- Take initiative in developing new methods and procedures for Used Equipment Department as required.
- Any and all other duties as assigned by the Senior Vice President.
- College degree preferably in Business or related.
- 10 Years of experience in material handling or related business.
- 5 Years’ experience on the managerial level.
- Detail, analytical and task completion skills required.
- Must be PC literate and possess a thorough knowledge of general business procedures.
Employment Disclaimer: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and task satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This job description is not a contract. Management reserves the right to change its contents at any time. This organization complies with the guidelines set forth in the American with Disabilities Act of 1990 and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, disability or status as a disabled veteran or veteran of the Vietnam era. This organization is an Equal Opportunity Employer.