National Sales Manager
OZCO Building Products is known for disruptive innovations and product design features that accelerate installation, while enhancing the attractiveness of the end-users’ projects. OZCO is the originator and leader in the Ornamental Wood Ties (OWT) hardware category, offering high-quality structural connectors for use in decks, pergolas, pavilions and more. OZCO also offers a great selection of specialty fasteners through its OWT Timber Screws and OWT Timber Bolts product lines, and OZ-Post features the largest selection of drivable post anchors for fence, deck and sign installations. The OZCO family of products are designed and manufactured for superior performance, visual appeal, and functionality, all with innovations so revolutionary they have been granted 12 US patents and many more in patent-pending status.
OZCO’s reputation for quality products is matched only by the quality of its marketing and merchandizing. Our visually distinctive color packaging and merchandizing displays draw the buyers’ attention, while also offering an unrivaled depth of resources for product knowledge. OZCO is active on many social media platforms with 1000’s of 5-star reviews.
OZCO is proud of its direct relationships with companies like: Prime Source, MiTek, Orgill, Cedar Creek, The Home Depot, Lowes, Menards, and 100’s of independent dealers and distributors throughout the USA and Canada.
OZCO Building Products is looking for an experienced National sales manager to contribute to our company’s sales objectives. Your responsibilities include supervising the sales team and building long-term client relationships.
As a National sales manager, you should use your creativity and thorough knowledge of the products and building products industry sales processes to provide innovative ideas for business growth. Communication and team management skills are also essential for this position.
Ultimately, you should aspire to develop and maintain successful relationships with all levels of the distribution and retail partners and the sales team that reports to you.
· Develop and implement effective sales strategies
· Lead in-house sales team members to achieve sales targets
· Inspire and manage 3rd party sales reps to promote company’s products
· Develop competencies and processes required to create an effective and efficient sales organization
· Ensure effective hiring, orientation, training, development and retention of sales staff
· Provide leadership through effective communication of vision, active coaching and development while comparing sales results to goals and taking appropriate action to correct when necessary
· Partner with the General Manager in growth and development of key customer relationships
· Maintain competitive knowledge to create and adjust sales strategies
· Establish effective relationships and collaborations with other departments (Marketing, Finance, Customer Service, etc.) to address key business issues and opportunities
· Establish productive and professional relationships with key personnel in assigned customer accounts
· Negotiate and close agreements with large customers
· Monitor and analyze performance metrics and suggest improvements
· Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual sales forecasts
· Perform research and identify new potential customers and new market opportunities
· Provide timely and effective solutions aligned with clients’ needs
· Liaise with Marketing and Product Development departments to ensure brand consistency
· Stay up-to-date with new product launches and ensure sales team members are on board
· Manage and Attend trade shows, meetings, seminars, and conferences as appropriate
· Collect and report on product, market or customer opportunities to General Manager
· Proven work experience as a National or Regional sales manager in building products industry
· Direct Knowledge of Building Materials Distribution
· 5+ years’ experience in building products sales
· Experience managing a high performance sales team
· Knowledge of CRM software and Microsoft Office Suite
· An ability to create, understand and analyze sales performance metrics
· Solid customer service attitude with excellent negotiation skills
· Strong communication and team management skills
· Analytical skills with a problem-solving attitude
· Availability to travel as needed
· BS degree in Sales, Business Administration or relevant field
· Ability to build positive working relationships, both internally and externally
· Competitive salary DOE
· Compressive benefits package
Fortress Building Products is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled