Do you have a heart for those
experiencing homelessness? Are
you passionate about ending homelessness? Then join our Team!
Mustard Seed is seeking a Resident Engagement Worker to join us in our
commitment to helping people who are experiencing homelessness transition
toward and maintain a sustainable and healthy lifestyle. Reporting to the
Resident Program Supervisor, the Resident Engagement Worker is responsible to
ensure the physical, emotional, social, and spiritual well-being of the
residents in our Permanent Supportive Housing program and work collaboratively
with their support systems to encourage resident independence, community
engagement and housing stability. Permanent Supportive Housing at The
Mustard Seed provides a safe and supportive environment to all residents.
Type: Part time
Saturday – Sunday: 7am – 3:30pm
Reporting to: Resident Program Supervisor
Number of Positions to Fill: 2
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Connecting with a specified group of residents living in
supportive housing on an on-going basis to assist in building the skills of
- Supporting the working relationship between the resident and
their support network; refer the resident back to their case worker whenever
possible/necessary; Ensuring clear lines of communication with outside
organizations who serve the residents;
- Referring residents to The Mustard Seed services and
collaborating with those services; providing information about community
- Manage a client case load as assigned by the Supervisor of
- Wellness checks to be conducted every 24 hours; or as
required. Provide first aid as needed;
- Advocate on behalf of residents;
- Documenting resident interactions, referrals, progress and
any change in behavior;
- Completing 6-month reassessments; Resident Care Plans;
incident reports and daily logs in a timely manner.
- Welcoming and supporting volunteers with events;
- Cover Front Desk for patrols and breaks; Conduct security
- Create surveys and flyers using Microsoft word and
- Support Property Management as needed;
- Hosting community events; Engaging in intentional
interactions with residents to build rapport and foster community;
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Diploma or an undergraduate degree in related field;
- Minimum of 1 year of experience working with marginalized
- Strong communication skills and ability to work within a
- The ability to interact with a variety of individuals;
- Strong administrative and computer skills;
- Conflict resolution skills and ability to manage residents
in crisis situations;
- A passion to be part of ending homelessness in Alberta.
- Lifting, standing, walking, are required as part of this
- Moderate physical effort required to successfully accomplish
the essential job functions;
- Moderate to high mental effort required to successfully
accomplish the essential job functions such as providing information, resolving
discrepancies, responding to highly intense situations.
- An Employment Background Check is required for all positions
at The Mustard Seed
- As The Mustard Seed is a Christian ministry, we require our
employees to agree to respect and not detract from The Mustard Seed’s
Employment Values during their employment at The Mustard Seed.
- Must have legal authorization to work in Canada on a
full-time basis for anyone other than current employer
- Your privacy is important to us. The information we collect
is used solely for consideration for employment.
- We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only
those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. The Mustard Seed
reserves the right to amend job advertisements. No phone calls please.
- Please visit our careers page
to see more job opportunities.