The Inventory Control Specialist is responsible for the process that ensures system accuracy of inventory and will need to understand all inventory processes through all departments from beginning to end.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Ensure that the MCP cycle count procedure is followed
- Work with Cost Accountant on batch allocation accuracy process
- Analyze and review shipping and receiving transactions
- Make sure 3-way match is performed for items
- Process inventory adjustments in the system
- Reconcile inventory general ledger to sub-ledger
- Required to find the root cause for inventory variations/ discrepancies
- Track scrap percentages month to month
- Potential for managing small staff for inventory auditors (cycle counters)
- Will be required to work across multiple departments
Education and/or Experience
- 4-year bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- ERP software experience (Preferred)
- At least 2 years’ experience in auditing or an inventory background
Professional Designations / Licensures / Certifications
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize workload to meet tight deadlines in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrate attention to details and good-record-keeping
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, especially Excel)
- Hands-on detail-oriented tasks
- Team player and can collaborate with other teams in the organization
- High level of interpersonal skills with demonstrated poise, tact and diplomacy
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal, with the ability to clearly communicate issues to all levels of management.
Work Environment / Physical Demand
- Constant computer usage
- Sitting for a long period
- Fast-paced environment
This position description reflects the current assignment of essential functions, and is not meant to be all-inclusive. Duties and responsibilities may be assigned or reassigned to this job at any time, and may be modified to reasonably accommodate an individual with a disability, or for other reasons.
MAYFIELD CONSUMER PRODUCTS is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled