There’s a side of Big Sky, Montana that speaks to those seeking something special. A vast 8,000-acre landscape where stunning natural beauty and an endless array of alpine adventures blend together to create a private club and mountain living experience like no other.
Whether it’s winter or summer, Moonlight Basin is something you won’t soon forget. The mountain scenery, the direct access to some of the finest skiing at Big Sky Resort, the hiking, the golf and so much more all add up to the perfect place to work and enjoy Montana.
Moonlight Basin is located right in the middle of the best things to see and do in Montana. You can visit Yellowstone National Park. Explore the national forest and wilderness lands. Come down to the town of Big Sky and shop, eat, and catch some music. Bozeman is a short drive and easily accessible by Skyline Bus.
Retail sales associates are expected to provide a quality shopping experience for members and guests of the Moonlight Lodge. Individuals in this role must have basic computer skills and the ability to operate a POS station. Attention to detail is very important for this position as is product knowledge across all the summer product categories sold in the lodge.
Retail sales associates are responsible for opening and closing the retail shop on a daily basis. Individuals in this role will be responsible for managing the retail operation during their shift. Daily management of the retail shop includes the following:
- Creating and maintaining merchandise displays
- Interacting with Moonlight Club members and lodge guests
- Cash handling
- Reporting product recommendations, necessary reorders, and sales updates to the retail manager
- Assist with the month-end inventory and receiving of new product
- Protecting company assets
- Assist in creating an exceptional guest service culture.
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the retail shop, and the execution of all policies and procedures instituted by the retail manager.
- Distribute important retail product information to the staff to ensure all staff members are consistent with dispensing such information to our guests.
- Ensure the retail shop is clean and organized at all times.
- Operate the retail POS, charging member accounts and taking credit card payments.
- Practice proper telephone etiquette at all times.
- Continually elevate standards of service to exceed the guests’ expectations.
- Maintain a professional image and appearance at all times.
- Be informed on and promote all club activities and services.
- Must have a valid driver's license.
- Must be well-groomed and adhere to dress code/uniform and personal appearance standards defined in the associate handbook.
- Must be friendly and outgoing with a professional demeanor.
- Ability to work alone during certain parts of the day.
- Must be available to work weekends, holidays, and possible overtime.
- Attendance/ Punctuality and Dependability: Depended upon to report to work at the scheduled time, is seldom absent from work, and keeps unplanned absences to a minimum. Employee follows company policy of reporting/planning absences and going through the correct channels to request time off. Completes work in a timely, accurate and thorough manner, is conscientious about assignments and deadlines.
- Normal Work Schedule: Flexible to accommodate 5, 8-hour workdays or another variation of 40 hours/ week with extensive overtime during peak business periods, 30 minutes for lunch unpaid.
- Teamwork and Flexibility: Ability to help and share knowledge or expertise with others. Responds and adapts positively to new ideas, requests, and/or changing situations. Provides meaningful feedback and responds well to constructive criticism.
- Communication and contact: Communicates effectively both verbally and in writing with superiors, colleagues, and individuals inside and outside the company. Presents information and expresses ideas in a clear, concise, and in a well-organized manner; demonstrates grammatical prose when drafting letters, memoranda, and other forms of written communication. Listens attentively and provides appropriate feedback to ensure understanding.
- Relationships with others: Provides cooperative, responsive, and courteous service to clients and staff. Exhibits a professional and courteous demeanor and responds positively, yet quickly to special requirements or circumstances; works to maintain constructive working relationships.
- Initiative and Productivity: Initiates work activities, seeks responsibility, and makes efforts to improve knowledge and skills. The employee thinks along original lines, finds new and effective ways of doing jobs, and makes suggestions for improvements. The volume of work consistently done in relation to the volume considered to be a standard requirement of the job. Accuracy, attention to detail, thoroughness, and neatness.
- Judgment and Analytical Ability: Seeks clarification when unsure. Knows when to consult and when to act independently. Keeps supervisor informed of the status and potential problems. Correctly determines work priorities and treats confidential information appropriately.
o Actively Listening - Give full attention to what managers, supervisors, co workers and clients are saying, taking note to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate. Determine the needs of your clients by actively listening to provide an exceptional product and experience.
o Speaking – Clearly communicate with managers, supervisors, and colleagues. Clearly communicate with clients to produce a great product and experience.
o Time Management – Manage the time you have with your clients/group to deliver an effective product in the time provided.
o Critical Thinking – Follow safety protocols. Make sound decisions regarding safety issues related to weather, changing conditions, animals, and client behaviors.
Education and Experience:
o High School diploma and/or equivalent education
o Retail sales experience preferred
o Experience with a variety of outdoor activities is helpful
This job description is only a summary of the typical functions of this position and should not serve as an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all the possible duties, tasks and responsibilities for this specific job. The responsibilities, tasks, and duties of this position might differ from those outlined above and other duties may be assigned as necessary.