This position assists in the functions and activities related to the preparation and execution of scheduled events for the Maple Meadow's clubhouse ensuring a positive and safe experience for the public.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in overseeing functions and activities related to scheduled events
- Room set-up function includes placement of tables, chairs, table linens, china, silverware, glassware, and centerpieces, setting up non-alcoholic beverage stations prior to scheduled event, and the presentations and timing of perishable items such as: bread, butter, cream, etc.
- Serve event by picking up and delivering guest meals, delivering accompaniments and condiments, responding to special requests, and providing beverage services
- Maintain event dining experience by removing courses as completed, replenishing utensils, and being alert to patron needs. Maintain clean and orderly work areas throughout the event
- May act as a host/hostess. Communicate with the customers/public to ensure satisfaction of their event experience and provide additional services to facilitate a successful event
- Clear the function room by retrieving perishable foods, clearing tables, washing service wares, removing linens, breaking down waiting and non-alcoholic beverage stations, tables, and chairs, moving trash and recyclable materials, and storing equipment and supplies
- Protect event services and event guests by adhering to state and local liquor laws, sanitation, and safety policies
- Perform other duties as required
Additional Information: Must be 18 years of age or older at time of hire.
Hours: April 22 - October 20;25-30 hours/week during golf season. The actual schedule of work is on an as-needed basis. Scheduled days and hours may vary and pause from time to time, or recur at regular intervals based on events and business operation needs. Scheduled days may include weekend and holidays, based on customer traffic and business needs.
Compensation: $11.00 per hour
Related Experience: One(1) year of the bar, restaurant, or hospitality industry experience in the high-volume establishment; or equivalent combination of training and experience.
Special training or other licenses, certification,etc.: Ability to obtain the Illinois Food Handler Training and Certification within 30 days of employment; CPR/1st Aid; must have a valid Driver’s License.
Skills In: Dealing effectively with the public; communicating effectively, verbally and in writing; interpreting rules and regulations; and keeping neat and accurate records.
Onboarding/Training Requirements: Criminal Background Check
Driver’s License Check
National Sex Offender Registry Check
CPR/1st Aid Training
Application: Candidates must complete the application process in its entirety to be considered for this position.
Equal Employment Policy: As an Equal Opportunity Employer, the Forest Preserve District of DuPage County complies with Federal, State, and local laws prohibiting discrimination in employment. The Forest Preserve District makes all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, sex (wages), genetics, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, retaliation, or other unlawful considerations.