Retirement Center Management, a leader in the senior living industry has an outstanding opportunity for an experienced Dining Room Supervisor at The Village of Meyerland location an Assisted Living with Memory Care senior community.
The Dining Room Supervisor is responsible for supervising the day-to-day activities of the Front of House in accordance with the Community’s policies and procedures, as guided by the Director of Dining Services, Executive Chef or Executive Director to assure residents and guests a service that exceeds their expectations, at all times, in our dining room and at functions where food is served. Must desire to work with seniors and have a tolerance for behaviors associated with dementia and other aging processes. Abides by and upholds company core values.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Fully knowledgeable in all front of house activities. Provide training to all subordinates and new hires. Assist with training for other dining services positions. Provides regular performance feedback and participates in the performance management process.
- Assure adequate staffing by developing and maintaining a schedule, including providing coverage for absences either personally or through subordinate staff.
- Liaison between front of house and back of house to assure accurate and timely completion of resident and guest orders.
- Participate in the employment process for front of house staff including interviewing and selection, performance management and end of employment activities under the direct supervision of the Director of Dining Services.
- Ensure that the dining room is clean and is set up to company standards for all meals and functions, and that it is kept clean.
- Ensure all residents and guests are greeted with a smile and that each resident has a place to sit.
- Provide coverage for other front of house positions in the event of absenteeism. Knowledgeable in, and able to perform, all duties included in the Server and Lead Server job descriptions.
- Inventory dining room small ware, table ware, and linen.
- Regularly inservice staff via training sessions.
- Solicit and receive resident suggestions and/or comment cards regarding the dining services operations.
- Continually evaluate the quality assurance audits of dining services.
- Responsible for the accuracy of meal count reports.
- Ensure residents’ safety by removing all walkers from the dining room and return to resident immediately upon finishing meal.
- Ensure that each resident or guest feels that they are the most important person to you, and that you find pleasure in serving them.
- Fully understand the menu and be able to explain the selections to the residents and guests.
- Member of the community’s emergency response team.
- Maintains a professional appearance and good personal hygiene per company policies.
- Must be or become within 60 days an accredited food handler per State guidelines
- Computer skills including Microsoft Word and email
- High School Diploma or GED preferred
- One to two years of related experience including supervisory responsibilities
- Great customer service attitude
- Ability to interact well with staff, residents and guests
- Ability to give and follow written and oral instructions.
- Able to work independently or work with others in the completion of assigned tasks.
Retirement Center Management considers the health and safety of its residents, family members, and team members as its highest priorities. All offers of employment with Retirement Center Management are conditioned on completing and passing a background and drug test, participating in mandatory vaccine programs (e.g., Covid-19, Flu), participating in testing requirements (e.g. Covid-19, TB) and using designated PPE when required.