FLEX Shift up to 23 hours per week!
Flexible shift Child Care Teacher located in Greentree!
In collaboration with supervisors, child development caregivers are responsible for assisting with the planning, development, and implementation of all classroom activities that promote the social, spiritual, physical and intellectual growth of the children at Vincentian Marian Manor Child Care Center. Additional responsibilities include childcare, hygiene, learning and development activities, specialized programs and sanctioned discipline of the children, along with maintaining records, cleanliness, and orderliness of the classroom.
Necessary skills include good communication and the ability to be a team player. Attention to detail while providing an environment that is loving and nurturing is a must for these positions. Knowledge of Keystone STARS, the PA Early Learning Standards, and the Creative Curriculum is beneficial, but not necessary. High School diploma required.
- Maintain the safety of the children, including implementing emergency procedures as necessary.
- Model positive reinforcement, appropriate discipline practices, and effective classroom management techniques.
- Model appropriate behaviors and communication to children.
- Assist in the maintenance of a clean, safe, organized, and age-appropriate classroom environment.
- Acquire knowledge of current Keystone Star requirements and complete assignments related to the requirements.
- Attend staff meetings and in-service trainings as instructed by the Director.
- Engage in professional development activities including but not limited to community events, workshops, completing online or mail-based courses, and exploring current child care literature.
- Prepare meals provided by parents and supplement with center food supplies, as needed, in order to offer meals that are satisfying and meet daily nutritional requirements.
- Assume any other duties as assigned by the Director, Lead Caregiver, or Associate Caregiver.