The Title I reading teacher is part of Henry Ford Academy: Elementary School’s Student Support Team. The primary responsibility of the Title I reading teacher is to provide consistent, intensive, and targeted supplementary reading instruction to struggling readers.
· Establish a caseload of students based on criteria identified in the School Improvement Plan
· Plan and implement differentiated reading lessons using the Leveled Literacy Intervention program
· Conduct quarterly benchmarking to establish reading levels for all students
· Serve as a member of the Student Study Team
· Provide consistent, intensive, and targeted instruction to that caseload
· Take full responsibility for students’ learning
· Implement the HFA model curriculum framework through the unit and daily lesson plans and learning tasks
· Work closely with the reading specialist and grade-level teams to develop and implement inter-disciplinary learning experiences
· Enhance relationships with students and the overall studio and school experience by supporting and participating in student events and activities before and after school
· Collaborate with the instructional coaches and classroom teachers
· Participate actively in professional development workshops and sessions provided
· Support teachers in providing strong literacy instruction
· Fulfill all additional requirements of an HFA teacher
· Meet all obligations as set out in the HFA Staff Handbook
MUST have a bachelor’s degree, relevant valid Michigan Certification, and be highly qualified for the position. Experience in education, target academic content area certification, and teacher leadership are critical. This position requires substantial expertise in urban education, including a proven record of effective authentic instruction, significant work with families and students as partners in learning, and integration of a wide range of unique, community resources. An evident commitment to holding all students to high expectations for academic and personal success is also a must.
Henry Ford Academy: Elementary School is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, national origin, marital status, height, weight, age, unrelated disability or other legally protected status.
Creative Urban Education is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, national origin, marital status, height, weight, age, unrelated disability or other legally protected status.
To apply for this position, please complete our online application. Please combine all references, resumes, and teacher certificates into one file for upload during application.