Job Title: Bar Back
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
A Bar Back cleans the bar and equipment, and replenishes bar supplies such as liquor, fruit, ice, and dishes. A Bar Back supports the Bartenders when necessary in serving and assisting customers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Maintains stocks in refrigerating units with wines and bottled beer and replenishes as necessary
· Replaces empty beer kegs with full ones
· Assists bartenders in serving customers as necessary (refilling drinks, delivering checks/receipts, distributing silver ware to customers, responding to customer questions, etc.)
· Maintains cleanliness of bar area, including but not limited to wiping down bar and equipment, polishing bar fixtures, mopping floors, removing trash, taking dirty dishware to the dish cleaning area, etc.
· Removes empty glassware, bottles and trash from the bar once customers are finished with their drink and/or meals
· Continuous communication with managers, hosts, bartenders and servers
· Check-in beverage products and ensure that deliveries match invoices
· Attends required trainings and meetings
· Delivers an exceptional experience through outstanding hospitality and customer service to the guests
· Verify that all guests who purchase alcohol are at least 21 years of age
· Safeguard cash and credit card information received by customers for payment of services
· Maintain knowledge about the Restaurant’s food and beverage offerings, and cocktail and drink recipes, to communicate with customers and make recommendations
Other Duties and Competencies
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
· Continuous Learning - Seeks feedback and opportunities to improve performance
· Job Knowledge - Competent in cocktail recipes, beverage offerings (including beer and wine), use of bartending tools, POS system, and processes for inventory management, etc.;
· Independent - Requires minimal supervision
· Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner
· Customer Service - Responds promptly to customer needs
· Cooperation - Offers assistance and support to co-workers
· Ethics - Works with honesty, integrity and professionalism
· Organizational Support - Follows restaurant policies and procedures
· Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time
· Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction
· Efficient - Completes work in timely manner
· Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures
· Alcohol Guidelines – Ensure that all state, local and restaurant guidelines regarding responsible service of alcohol are strictly adhered to. Ensure that alcohol is consumed in designated areas only
· Focus – Ability to perform job functions with attention to detail, speed and accuracy in a fast-paced environment
· Education and/or Experience - No prior experience or training required
· Certificates, Licenses, Registrations - TIPS Certification preferred
· Physical Demands – While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand and walk for extended periods of time. The job may also require the employee to twist and bend frequently. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. The Company may modify the above description, from time to time, as necessary. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.
Companies managed by Long Shot Hospitality are Equal Opportunity Employers that do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, citizenship status, service member status or any other classifications protected by local, state and federal laws.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of their job.
This job description is not a contract for employment. Employment at companies managed by Long Shot Hospitality is on an “at-will” basis and is for no definite period and may be terminated at any time, with or without cause and with or without notice. Equally, employees are free to terminate their employment at any time, for any reason. This at-will employment policy applies to all employees of companies owned by Long Shot Hospitality.