Customer-Facing Data Scientist for Pinpoint Predictive
Pinpoint Predictive is a VC and Stanford StartX-funded company that is actively seeking an experienced and self-motivated Customer-Facing Data Scientist to join our team.
Pinpoint enables companies across a wide variety of industries to more effectively forecast and influence human behavior. Leveraging the latest advances in digital psychometrics, artificial intelligence, and privacy-safe analytics, Pinpoint’s Thinkalike® AI allows organizations to better understand intentions, reduce risks, and persuade people to take positive actions. We are working with a range of paying customers, including Fortune 500 accounts.
You will be a trusted data and customer success advisor to our clients. Responsibilities include consulting with new customers on their objectives and translating them into data science models and real-world business impact. You will ensure that clients onboard the right data sets, understand our interactive suite of visualizations, and advance through a successful activation. You'll also have the opportunity to grow accounts by identifying how clients can benefit from additional applications of our data science products. You are always happy to have technical discussions with our customers' analytics and data science teams, to help them integrate our predictions into their existing models, and to creatively identify opportunities for Pinpoint's Sr. Data Science team to deliver value for our clients. This position also plays a key cross-functional role internally, working across sales, marketing, product, and engineering to communicate client goals, deliverables, and new product and market opportunities.
Pinpoint is uniquely situated to disrupt people predictions with Psychometric AI, focusing on the areas of predictive personalization and risk management. Bringing to market a first scalable, scientific standard in people data will also disrupt the way that people predictions are made across countries.
Pinpoint was founded by an internationally recognized expert in heritable psychometric traits, and has attracted strong talent in data science, engineering, big-data psychometrics, product, operations, and finance. This opportunity is now, and we’ve got a competitive compensation package of cash + equity + excellent benefits
- Work directly with clients to manage their onboarding process, finding the best data sets and data-science models for achieving their business objectives, and then helping them to evaluate the results. You will manage the customer lifecycle for an assigned number of accounts and will build relationships via regular client engagements that present findings, manage escalation, gather client feedback to inform Pinpoint's product roadmap prioritization, and conduct broader quarterly business reviews.
- Analyze data results for insights transferrable to the client’s end goals and communicate those insights internally and externally. You will leverage your deep client knowledge to strategize and identify new use cases to grow accounts.
- Work collaboratively with Pinpoint’s engineering, data science, and product teams in order to ensure client requests and escalations are prioritized effectively.
- BA or MS in Computer Science, Data Science, Applied Math or related areas is preferred, though strong experience in a technical or quant field will be considered
- 1+ years of Data Science industry experience required
- Strong personal communication skills are a must, with experience working in any client service or client direct role preferred
- Demonstrated understanding of data science and statistics fundamentals, with the ability to explain complex technical concepts in plain language
- Start-up mindset: self-motivated, problem solving, positive attitude, grit, and ability to quickly juggle and prioritize multiple tasks
- Familiarity with CRM systems (Salesforce, Hubspot, etc.)
- Scientific or statistical programming experience in R or Python is preferred
We’re growing quickly and hope you’ll join us. We’re conveniently located in downtown San Mateo, two blocks from the train station and dozens of restaurants, and bike friendly.