Worcester Community Action Council’s Head Start program serves children, ages 3-5, and their families in two centers – one located at 25 Cole Avenue, Southbridge; the other center located at 116 School Street, Webster. These center-based programs provide developmentally appropriate curricula, health and nutrition services, breakfast, lunch and snack, special education opportunities, and family services.
WCAC is seeking a Maintenance & Kitchen Aide(s) to help increased sanitation efforts and comply with new COVID-19 guidelines. The successful candidate will be responsible for general cleaning and maintenance of center, as well as deliver meals on a daily basis.
Head Start’s center located at 25 Cole Ave. in Southbridge is seeking a full time Maintenance & Kitchen Aide. The other center located at 116 School St. in Webster is seeking a part time Maintenance & Kitchen Aide.
- High School Diploma or HiSet equivalent
- Ability to successfully complete a CORI/SORI/DCF review annually
- Must possess good verbal and written communication skills
- Must have reliable transportation
Special Certification or Documentation:
- Current physical within one year prior to hire and Mantoux test required per DEEC. MMR vaccinations up to date or positive titers. Then mandatory physical every two years after. Hepatitis B (optional).
- Ability to lift full milk carts/lunch containers and supplies (up to 50 lbs.).
- Bend, twist and use other motions in relation to mopping floors, vacuuming, and general cleaning.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Deliver breakfast, lunch, and snack from kitchen to classroom
- Return food carts and equipment to kitchen for cleaning
- Ensure all classes have drinking water each day
- Monitor hygiene supplies in bathrooms and classrooms and replace as necessary (paper goods, soap sanitizer, bleach solution, etc.)
- Clean, disinfect and sterilize high touch areas daily as needed
- Clean bathrooms between groups and as needed
- Clean, disinfect and sterilize toys as needed
- Clean, disinfect and sterilize playground equipment between groups and as needed
- Empty dehumidifiers as needed
- Refill water containers in portable sinks as needed
- Enforce measures to meet sanitary requirements of Head Start kitchen; bleach working areas, wash counters, etc.
- Records menu changes as required
- Update inventory for disposable and cleaning goods (paper towel, hand towels, soap, bleach, sanitizer etc.) and report needs to business office.
- Assist with laundering of linens and smocks daily as needed, including washing, drying and hanging garments
Apply via this posting or send cover letter and resume specifying position via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or to the Human Resource Department, Worcester Community Action Council, 484 Main St, #200, Worcester, MA 01608. Deadline to apply is September 4, 2020.
Worcester Community Action Council, Inc. is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity to all qualified employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or pregnancy related condition, sexual orientation, gender identification, genetic information, membership in the uniformed services or any other classification which is protected under state or federal law.