OVERVIEW: The Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater Houston has fourteen Clubs in Harris, Galveston, Fort Bend and Waller Counties. The Desktop & Network Support Analyst will provide computer hardware, software and technical support to various Clubs in the greater Houston area.
OBJECTIVE: To provide IT Desktop and Network support to main office and clubs.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Desktop & Network Support Analyst under the direction of the VP of Administration and with technical support from ERGOS Technology, work with BGCGH staff and drive between the organization’s Clubs to perform the following scope of work duties:
· Troubleshooting desktop computer issues with hardware and or software
· Assist users to diagnose and solve computer and network problems
· Answers user inquiries regarding computer software or hardware operation to resolve problems
· Install and perform moderate to complex repairs to hardware, software, or peripheral equipment, following design or installation specifications.
· Set up equipment for employee use, performing or ensuring proper installation of cables, operating systems, or appropriate software.
· Minor training of users in the proper use of hardware or software.
· Maintain the peripherals, such as printers, that are connected to the network.
· Identify areas of operation and recommend upgraded equipment including computers, networks, and peripherals.
· Identify areas of operation that need upgraded equipment such as servers, switches, and LAN/WAN peripherals.
· Provide accurate documentation of support provided to Clubs.
· Update user access in Active Directory as directed by VP Administration
Applicants must be available immediately and willing to commit between 20 to 29 hours per week Monday through Friday during Club operating hours.
Student applicants must provide a resume, a currently unofficial transcript (as proof of good academic standing) and a 500-word personal statement expressing expectations and career interests.
· Valid driver’s license
· Reliable transportation.
· Strong multi-tasking and organizational skills.
· Effective communication skills and the ability to present information in one-on-one and small group situations to staff, executives and other team members.
· Flexible and adaptable to work within equipment constraints to provide a solution
· Capabilities to problem solve and bring resolution to client needs with a sense of urgency, persistence and enthusiasm. Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
· Adept at learning new strategies, acquiring new skills, gaining knowledge and willingness to develop professional expertise
· Ability to interact effectively with management, staff and other Club personnel, and work independently, and/or as part of a team.
· Able to lift up to 30 pounds.
Awareness of the PC hardware components, desktop operating system software, and application software such as:
· Experience with desktop support and light network administrator duties including active directory light maintenance.
· Working knowledge of Microsoft Office 365/SharePoint
· MS Office (Word/Excel/PowerPoint), Outlook
· Client/Server application interaction
· Anti-Virus Software
· Knowledge of routers and switches
· Knowledge of DHCP and DNS
· Knowledge of anti-virus malware software
· Part time flexible hours with a competitive hourly rate
· Mileage rate reimbursement
· Weekends and holidays off
Internal: Maintain close, daily contact with the Club management to exchange information, seek and give assistance, consultation and direction. Maintains contact with management and support staff. Interact with club staff as needed to support computer needs.
External: Maintain contact as needed with offsite technology companies, including ERGOS, our IT Services Support Company.
The information presented indicates the general nature of work and level of work expected of employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain, or to be interpreted as, a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications, and objectives required of employees assigned to this job.
BOYS & GIRLS CLUBS OF GREATER HOUSTON INC. is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled