- Must be able to work a flexible shift including weekends and holidays.
- Customer service or call center experience preferred, but not required.
- Post offer, pre-employment drug test, and criminal background check required.
All reservation agents will be responsible for dealing with all aspects of the department including providing information, reserving, altering, canceling and applying deposits to all types of reservations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Regular attendance
- The ability to lead and work as part of a team
- The ability to use the computer and phone systems as well as all printers and copy machines
- The ability to check reservations for errors and make necessary corrections to conform to resort policies
- The ability to post incoming deposits to appropriate reservations
- The ability to prepare brochure inquiries for mailing
- The ability to deal with customer complaints and adjust reservations when necessary
- The ability to read and correspond to reservation requests over the Internet
- The ability to train new employees on the job
- The ability to keep up with hours and dates of operation on Resort Amenities and events
- The ability to learn the layout of property and room types
Other duties may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos; ability to write simple correspondence; ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the resort.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide into all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals; ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions; ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to ensure individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to perform the following tasks for at least two-thirds of his or her time on the job, such as, sit, talk, hear, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to perform the following tasks for at least one-third of his or her time on the job, such as, taste or smell, stand, walk, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, and lift up to twenty-five (25) pounds.
All reservation agents must possess the following vision ability; clear vision at twenty (20) inches or less, clear vision at twenty (20) feet or more, ability to identify and distinguish colors, ability to observe an area that can be seen up and down or to the left and right while eyes are fixed on a given point, three dimensional vision (the ability to judge distances and spatial relationships), and the ability to adjust the eye to bring an object into sharp focus
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. There may be non-weather related fluctuation in temperature, and work may be performed near moving mechanical parts.