Provide friendly, responsive service to create an exceptional dining experience for all of our guests.
- Promote, work, and act in a manner consistent with the mission of Spell Restaurant Group
- Monitor and observe guests dining experience to ensure guests are satisfied with the food and service and respond promptly and courteously to correct any problems.
- Collect payments from guests.
- Write guests’ food orders on order and enter orders into computers for transmittal to kitchen staff.
- Take food or beverages orders from guests.
- Check guests’ identification to ensure that they meet minimum age requirements for consumption of alcoholic beverages.
- Serve food or beverages to guests, and prepare or serve specialty dishes at tables as required.
- Present menus to guests and answer questions about menu items, beverages, and other restaurant functions and services
- Inform guests of menu changes and daily specials, and make recommendations you genuinely feel your guests will enjoy.
- Clean tables or counters after guests have finished dining.
- Prepare hot, cold, and mixed drinks for guests, and chill bottles of wine.
- Roll silverware, set up food stations or set up dining areas to prepare for the next shift or for large parties.
- Stock service areas with supplies such as coffee, food, tableware, and linens.
- Explain to guests how various menu items are prepared, describing ingredients and cooking methods.
- Prepare tables for meals, including setting up items such as linens, silverware, and glassware.
- Remove dishes and glasses from tables or counters, and take them to the kitchen for cleaning.
- Perform cleaning duties.
- Bring wine selections to tables with appropriate glasses, and pour the wines for guests.
- Fill salt, pepper, sugar, cream, condiment, and napkin containers.
- Describe and recommend wines to guests.
- Thank guests for their visit and invite them to return.
- Attend all scheduled employee meetings and offers suggestions for improvement.
- Coordinate with and assist fellow employees to meet guests’ needs and support the operation of the restaurant.
- Fill-in for fellow employees where needed to ensure guest service standards and efficient operations.