At Rowing Dock, our number one priority is ensuring that our customers have an exceptional, fun, and memorable experience. We believe that 100% customer satisfaction reflects our own team’s commitment to their job and sense of cultural connection to their organization and team members.
If you join the Rowing Dock crew, we promise the following:
- You’ll spend many of your days working in the Texas heat and sunshine (this is code for: must love the outdoors)
- You’ll have a team of people that will treat you like family
- You’ll work really hard, but feel it’s all worth it
The Operations Administrator and Senior Manager on the Dock is a key member of Rowing Dock’s small but mighty operations team and reports to the Director of Operations. You will be focused on executing Rowing Dock’s customer-centric operations strategy, providing critical support to the operations team, and co-managing our dock team, with the support of your operations team members. You will also serve as a Manager on the Dock when needed (see job description on pg. 3).
- Interact and engage with customers while on-site, looking for ways to ensure each customer leaves raving about their experience
- Resolve negative customer complaints by conducting thorough analysis of situation to find most effective solution
- Manage customer inquiries. This can include email, Google Booking requests, Website Inquiries, and inquiries from our booking software.
- Support and supervise dock staff
- Play an integral role in the dock staff training process
- Monitor staff training progress and make scheduling recommendations accordingly
- Make day-of assessments to cut or increase staffing based on weather and volumes
- Coordinate dock attendant interview scheduling with the operations team
- Implement rental procedures and good practices related to boat usage, boat handling, customer communications, boat storage, fleet maintenance, and quality control
- Support the operations team with the purchase of supplies and maintenance of supply inventory including, but not limited to office supplies, dock supplies, and first aid
- Adjust and update point of sale system based on new offerings, merchandise, or promotions under the direction of the Operations Managers and Director of Operations
- Support Operations team to facilitate group bookings, private guided tours, and special events through online booking platform
- Support the Marketing Director with tasks related to merchandise sales, inventory management, planning and onsite support for photo shoots and events
- Fulfill Shopify orders
- Maintain merchandise inventory by completing bi-weekly counts and updating the point of sale accordingly
- Serve as backup Operations Manager when necessary
- On-site vendor communications when necessary
Previous Experience and Qualities:
- LOVES spending long periods of time in the outdoors
- Strong leadership and management skills; passionate about team-development and growth
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Detail oriented
- Organizational and project management skills
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Enjoys collaboration and working in a team setting
- Bachelor’s degree + 1 Year experience in similar field OR 3+ year’s equivalent experience
- Previous management experience and/or previous experience in customer service or hospitality industry
- 60% outdoors with varying weather conditions ranging from 30-110 degrees Fahrenheit. Mostly warmer climate in direct sun, standing, bending, lifting 50-100 lbs.
- 40% Shared office environment sitting at a desk working on a computer and talking on the phone.
- Full-time position (30-40 hrs/week) with a heavier workload during the peak rental season (March through October) and a lighter workload during the fall and winter months.
- This position requires evening, weekend, and some holiday availability (holidays you would be asked to work are Spring Break, Memorial Day, Independence Day, and Labor Day)
- Two days off most weeks during peak season (historically March – October). During non-peak season (historically Nov – Feb), the schedule is significantly more flexible, which is very beneficial for those that like to take time off during the winter holidays (Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year’s)
- This position requires a minimum commitment of one full year.
Pay and Benefits:
- Eligible for health insurance benefits
Senior Manager on the Dock
It is everyone’s responsibility to ensure the Dock is a comfortable place that attracts and satisfies customers. The Senior Manager on Dock (SMOD) understands and supports all Dock policies and systems to ensure quality customer service, clean and safe premises and equipment, and responsible staff performance and behavior.
The SMOD is responsible for making sure everything is running smoothly on the dock. In order to effectively manage and oversee all activities, the SMOD must be free to keep the big picture in mind at all times, support the Dock Attendants (DA) and allow them to execute the work of the dock.
The SMOD functions as a backup to the Operations Managers on the dock. If problems or complaints arise, the SMOD is the face of the business to the customer and the problem solver. SMODs report to the Director of Operations and are also supervised and supported by the Operations Managers. SMODs consult with the DOO and OMs on all staff issues, customer feedback and operating systems. The SMODs will have higher security clearance in the POS system and Hot Schedules and will have access to the safe code.
· Responsible for all dock operations while on duty, maintaining order at all times
· Maintain a positive and calm attitude toward customers and staff
· Ensure proper safety and security measures are being taken to protect customers, staff and equipment
· Respond to upset customers. Report the situation as well as resolution to the GM (Digital Log Book)
· Know when and how to pilot the launch safely and effectively
· Monitor cash flow. Make till drops and assure adequate change is available in hut.
· Manage Dock Attendant (DA) duties to adequately serve the fluctuating volume of customers throughout the day
· Provide positive feedback to staff regularly, acknowledging their contributions both verbally and via DRB
· Ensure completion of tasks listed on Day Specific Duties Charts
· Monitor Daily Checklist for proper completion of tasks and for discrepancies or issues
· Look for DAs who are ready for more responsibility and train them
· Provide scheduling input to the DOO
· Maintain maintenance records
· Serve on management team under the direction of the OMs and DOO
· Prepare summary of shift in Digital Log Book at the end of each shift worked
· Proven record as a strong DA or relevant experience. Must have worked on the dock for sufficient enough time to learn all systems well, or equivalent industry experience.
· Must be CPR and First Aid trained. Rowing Dock will provide training if not currently certified.
· Ability to get along with staff and customers. Courteous with others always.
· Strong communication and customer service skills.
· Strong self-management, effective time management, and “no excuses” character.
· Must be a quick learner as well as a good leader and teacher.
· Must be available to work weekends as well as 3-4 weekday shifts during the busy season.
· Must be trustworthy and honest in all business dealings
· Must have reliable transportation, phone and email access.