We transform the
way people use energy.
About the organization:
EfficiencyOne is a leading energy efficiency enterprise. We believe
in the good things efficiency brings to our lives, and we come to work every
day to make the world a better place – starting in our own province. We have
successfully helped hundreds of thousands of families, businesses, non-profits,
and institutions transform how they use energy – and we will continue to
lead the way in the transition to a low-carbon future. We are deeply committed to climate change and are a multi-year winner of Canada's
Greenest Employers and Atlantic Canada’s Top Employers.
Our work has
achieved more than $1 billion in energy savings and contributed over 24% of
Nova Scotia’s GHG emission reductions since 2011. We’re passionate about
ensuring that all Nova Scotians have equal access to our programs. We understand
that energy efficiency can help serve our communities and promote a socially
equitable energy future. Find out more about how we are making an impact here: https://www.efficiencyone.ca/impact/.
Why you’ll love working
- A culture that cares about its employees and understands there is life
outside of work
- An engaging, fun, and inclusive work environment
- A holistic benefits package that starts on day one
- Wellness initiatives
and fitness challenges hosted throughout the year
- Corporate gym memberships
- Career growth and professional development opportunities
- Being part of a team contributing to Nova Scotia’s goal of net-zero
carbon by 2050
If you want to be part of an organization with an ambitious plan to support the transition to net zero and help build a thriving, resilient
future for Nova Scotians – then you belong here!
Want to know what it’s really like to work with
us? Reach out to any one of our team members on LinkedIn to hear their
firsthand experience at EfficiencyOne.
Reporting directly to the HR Manager,
the Human Resources Generalist plays an essential role in delivering various human resource functions through continuous improvement and implementing best practices in a fast-paced environment.
Human Resources Generalist will be responsible for supporting and owning HR initiatives
aligned with E1’s strategic priorities, primarily in areas such as recruitment,
employee file setups, new employee orientation and onboarding, benefits and
pension administration, training and development, policy development, and other
initiatives related to the E1 employee experience framework (compensation,
benefits, career and development, lifestyle and wellbeing, and purpose).
A snapshot of what
you will be involved with:
- Own the training and
development process, including identifying, coordinating, and tracking employee
training and evaluations related to safety compliance, technical training, and
- Complete employee file setups
in required payroll systems for all new hires, status changes, transfers, and
- Administer group insurance and
- Assist with the administration
of leaves of absence and return-to-work program
- Aid in the development and
maintenance of HR policies and practices
- Assist with activities related
to programs and initiatives under the E1 employee experience framework as
required, such as career management and total rewards statements
- Participate in recruitment
activities such as preparing and circulating job postings, writing job
descriptions, screening resumes, and interviewing qualified candidates
- Support onboarding by ensuring new
hire documents are completed correctly, planning and preparing orientation
sessions, supporting and coordinating initial on-the-job training, and acting
as a first point of contact for general inquiries from new employees
- Work with the HR team to plan
and execute employee engagement activities and act as E1’s company culture ambassador.
What will help you succeed?
- A degree or diploma in Business
Administration, Human Resources Management, Labour Relations or related field, or
an equivalent combination of education and work experience
- 3-5 years of relevant HR
- Proficiency with Microsoft
Office software including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Teams (advanced
knowledge of Excel would be especially helpful in this role)
- Working knowledge of multiple HR disciplines, including benefits administration, payroll and employee set-up, training and
development, and policy interpretation and development
- The ability to work competently within an HRIS considered
- Full-cycle recruitment experience, including but
not limited to drafting job postings and descriptions, reviewing resumes,
documenting criteria, and creating interview questions and shortlists
- Impeccable attention to detail and the ability
to maintain a high degree of professionalism, confidentiality, diplomacy, and
- Superior communication skills (i.e., written,
verbal, listening for understanding, etc.)
- Knowledge of employment law and legislation
- Self-motivated with the ability to work
independently, take the initiative, and handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced
What to expect in your first several weeks on the
In the first week, expect to:
- Meet the HR manager and the rest of the HR team.
- Meet with leaders and employees across the
organization to learn more about what we do.
- Familiarize yourself with EfficiencyOne’s
culture, HR practices, and procedures.
- Get comfortable with your surroundings.
In the first month, expect to:
your organizational awareness and better understand our short- and
longer-term HR goals.
our HR team plan for 2023 and understand how your role will contribute to our
a high-level plan for the first 90 days in your role.
your individual goals and objectives and further discuss performance expectations.
In the first three months, expect
- Continue establishing relationships with leaders
and employees and respond to questions regarding HR programs.
- Start diving into initiatives, such as career
development, onboarding, and policy maintenance.
- Collaborate with Talent Acquisition Specialist
to optimize the overall candidate experience.
- Familiarize yourself with our training and
development database to identify opportunities to improve and simplify
EfficiencyOne is committed
to fostering a culture that is supportive and values others, one that is
grounded in diversity and inclusiveness. We welcome applications from all
qualified candidates, including women, Indigenous peoples, persons with a
disability, racially visible persons, persons of minority sexual orientations,
and gender identities.