SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS: General apartment maintenance experience, knowledge of appliance repair, light carpentry, plumbing, and electrical knowledge, knowledge of safety procedures, safety conscious, steady and dependable, able to work under pressure of deadlines, and ability to work a flexible schedule to accommodate after-hour and weekend emergencies. Must have a current journeyman, or above, license in Heating and Air Conditioning, plus significant experience in plumbing, appliance repair, carpentry, and general maintenance repairs.
Continue to organize, coordinate and manage the overall maintenance program of the home community including exterior property appearance, timely work order service, quality make- ready program and cost-effective inventory control of the property. Responsible for maintaining the physical condition and appearance of the site. Required to be "on call" 24 hours.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Diagnose and perform major, minor and routine maintenance/repair in a timely and professional manner. Assure all service requests are completed on a daily basis.
- Accurately document work performed on the service request, including parts and return to the supervisor by end of the day. Complete renewal service requests in the same timely fashion. Follow-up on completed service requests to ensure satisfaction. Follow-up on incomplete service requests.
- Promote good public relations with residents, co-workers, and company staff through great "people" attitude and resident trust. Always display a friendly and courteous attitude towards residents and other employees. Never confront the supervisor or other employees in front of residents.
- Inspect vacated apartments and complete make-ready checklist. Inform site manager of needed services and repairs. Routinely perform duties to restore apartments to "make-ready" status. Re-inspect vacant apartments after make-ready have been completed to determine the quality of work performed. Ensure an adequate number of make-ready units are available and that the products are up to company standards. Coordinate status of make-readies with leasing staff.
- Complete special projects as may be assigned and prioritized by the On-Site Manager.
- Inspect the exterior of the property. Perform building and common area upkeep on a daily basis in accordance with company standards. Assist in keeping grounds neat and free of litter.
- Assist with the resident improvements as required. Ensure vacant units are "trashed-out" within 24 hours of move-out and unit breakers are turned off with the exception of show units and refrigerators.
- Maintain accurate records and provide resident training as required.
- Maintain shop appearance to standards to facilitate quick assessment of supply inventory.
- Coordinate delivery and work schedules with vendors, contractors, and On-Site Manager.
- Perform effective emergency maintenance (after hours) as required.
ORGANIZATIONAL RELATIONSHIPS: Reports directly to the Lead Maintenance at their home community, who has the primary authority to determine the exact "day-to-day" duties of the technician. Works with other site managers, leasing personnel, maintenance staff, property managers, construction division, and maintenance staff from other developments.
Hours may vary from property to property.
Amount of Overtime: As approved by the On-Site Manager and as needed for emergencies.
Physical Requirements: Extensive mobility and excellent physical condition. Must have the ability to lift 100 lbs. necessary for installation and removal of appliances. Ability to operate all necessary hand tools to make repairs. Ability to kneel, crouch, climb, crawl, etc. to reach items in need of repairs. Must be able to drive to and from job sites. Tolerance to all extremes of hot and cold weather as may be necessary.
Tools: Must provide own basic tools, or be willing to obtain the required hand tools which are pertinent to this position. Must be knowledgeable and skilled in the safe use and maintenance of the following:
- Hand tools: Various wrenches, screwdrivers, grips, sled hammer, hammer, snips, post hole diggers, saws, etc.
- Power Tools: Wrenches, grinder, sander, drill, saws, etc.
- User-Moved Aids: Wheelbarrows, dollies, hand trucks, buckets, hoists, jacks, stepladders, full ladders, double ladders.
- Mechanical Equipment: Motors, pumps, compressors, blowers, electric and hand powered augers, etc.
- Measuring Devices: Voltmeters, ohmmeters, testing meters, PH tests, etc.
Transportation: Must have a dependable vehicle to transport tools and equipment to job sites. Must provide proof of liability insurance for same. Bondable and Valid Driver’s License is required.
Education: High school education or trade school required. EPA & CPO certified, CAMT a plus.
Pre-Employment Test Scores: Must complete the Implicity Management Company Maintenance Skills Exam obtaining a score of at least 80%.