Equipment Operator/Front End Loader $20.00/hour
Who We Are
We are a dynamic, growth-oriented and safety-focused company. Our organization has been deemed to be an “essential service” by providing collection and processing for Waste and Recycling that keep our communities clean and safe. With customer service and safety as our focus, we are looking for an energetic and driven employee to support our growing company and play a crucial role in waste diversion. Emterra is proud to be recognized as one of Canada’s Greenest Employers, a certified diverse supplier of the Canadian Aboriginal and Minority Supplier Council (CAMSC), the Canadian Women Business Enterprise National Council (WBE) and WEConnect International.
Are you ready to jumpstart your career by joining one of Canada’s Greenest Employers and become part of the environmental solution? If so, apply now! We appreciate all applicants who apply however only those who are qualified, will be contacted.
Reasons to Apply, Stay and Grow with Emterra Group:
- Competitive wages
- Comprehensive health benefits (drug, dental, vision, LTD, life insurance)
- Employee discount programs
- Tuition reimbursement program
- On-site perks and BBQs
- Safe and efficient operation of forklift, front-end loader and Skid-steer;
- Feed conveyors with Loader/Skid-steer.
- Spot and manage inbound trucks in timely manner.
- Move bins, bales and shipping/receiving;
- Load/Unload bales in outbound/inbound trailers for shipment to customers;
- Daily pre and post-trip inspections of equipment and documentation of daily inspection;
- Follow proper safety practices and regulations when operating or working around equipment;
- Assist with manual work related to plant operations in accordance with site’s operational procedures;
- Perform all work in a safe, efficient manner and operate all equipment in an appropriate and safe way;
- Ensure equipment is in a clean and tidy condition at end of shift; and
- Recordkeeping as required (inspections, pre/post-trip maintenance activities, etc.).
- Certified and trained to operate heavy equipment;
- Experience in the waste and recycling industry an asset;
- Strong customer service orientation;
- Must be able to perform repetitive / physical tasks for extended periods of time and lift items of up to 50lb;
- Must have effective interpersonal skills to be able to communicate, understand and respond to questions, instructions, signs, signals and safety training;
- Must have ability to work in manufacturing environment which varies based on weather conditions;
- Diversity is a key value to the organization and working collaboratively with others is a must;
- Able to work under time lines;
- Ability to work well with little supervision and take direction from direct supervisor; and
- Punctual, reliable, team player.
Emterra Group is committed to maintaining an equitable, fair, and diverse environment. Any applicants who have a disability or require reasonable accommodation may speak directly with our dedicated Talent Acquisition and Recruitment Specialists. Reasonable accommodations will be assessed on a case-by-case basis.
Please visit our careers page to see more job opportunities.
Apply for this Position