The Patient Accounts Specialist is responsible for negotiating payment and/or payment plans on past due accounts while collecting the maximum amount of overdue funds from patients. The Patient Account Specialist is also responsible for handling patient/vendor inquiries related to insurance billing and outstanding balances.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for answering high-volume incoming calls for claims-related and statement inquiries from patients, insurance companies and law offices
- Responsible for making outbound calls on delinquent accounts in an effort to resolve the account via patient payment
- Process credit card and ACH transactions
- Follow all state and federal collections and HIPAA laws
- Other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- High School Diploma or equivalent (GED)
- A minimum of 6 months of related work experience in a call center/medical collections environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to effectively communicate with customers and all levels of management
- Ability to prioritize, problem-solve, and multitask. Good interpersonal skills with the ability to work cohesively within a team environment
- General computer skills with working knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet, and email applications
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred
Emergicon requires satisfactory pre-employment drug screen and background check.
EMERGICON LLC is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled