Do you like making genuine connections with people? Come work for one of BC’s top not-for-profit societies and be part of a team that makes a difference in people's lives.
The Phoenix Society is dedicated to providing accessible services and opportunities to people who face barriers related to addiction, mental health, housing, education, criminal justice involvement and/or employment.
The Housekeeper reports to the Operations Manager at our main Surrey location at 13686 94A Avenue. You'll be responsible for keeping client suites and shared building areas clean and orderly. We value this role because we know that a clean, safe environment sets the stage to allow us to provide an exceptional experience for our clients and staff.
We supply PPE and hand sanitizer, as a COVID precautionary measure. Employees must wear a mask in all common areas and when sharing a room with others. A COVID screening is conducted before every shift.
- Sweep, vacuum and mop floors
- Gather and empty trash
- Service, clean and supply bathrooms
- Clean and polish furniture and fixtures
- Clean windows, glass partitions, and mirrors
- Dust furniture, walls and equipment
- Safely prepare cleaning solutions by mixing water and detergents or acids in containers according to instructions
- Follow procedures for the use of chemical cleaners and power equipment, in order to prevent damage to floors and fixtures
- Monitor building security and safety by performing such tasks as locking doors after cleaning and checking electrical appliances to ensure that hazards are avoided
- Notify Operations Coordinator concerning the need for major repairs.
- Track inventory levels for cleaning supplies and equipment and let supervisor know what needs to be re-stocked
- Make beds and keep linens ready use
- Proven experience as a cleaner or housekeeper
- Ability to work with little supervision while maintaining a high level of performance
- Client-oriented and friendly
- Prioritization and time management skills
- Ability to work quickly and efficiently without compromising quality
- Ability to communicate in English
- High school diploma
- First Aid - we can provide training if needed
- WHMIS - we provide training if needed
- Criminal Record Check - we cover the cost of this
- Negative Tuberculosis Screening Certificate
We look forward to your application!
Phoenix Society is an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcomes all applicants to apply and does not discriminate based on race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other basis covered by appropriate law.