US Lacrosse, the national governing body of lacrosse, announces an opening for an experienced Manager, Diversity & Inclusion working as part of the Lacrosse Operations. The successful candidate is self-motivated, passionate about diversity and belonging, able to juggle multiple projects simultaneously and meet hard deadlines. The candidate is also able to take initiative and lead with little supervision. We are looking for an individual that embodies “The USL Way” by positively influencing the sport and each other, providing outstanding service, being creative and innovative, practicing purposeful collaboration, being humble and honest and having fun! If you believe you can bring your own unique spirit, then US Lacrosse is the place to be.
ABOUT US LACROSSE:
US Lacrosse, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit corporation, is the national governing body of men’s and women’s lacrosse and the home of the nation’s fastest-growing team sport. US Lacrosse coordinates all activities of the U.S. National Teams Program and has nearly 450,000 members across the country. Through responsive and effective leadership, US Lacrosse provides programs and services to inspire participation while protecting the integrity of the sport.
IMPORTANT NOTE: All applicants must submit a brief cover letter, resume and minimum salary requirements to be considered for the position directly via gethired.com to ensure completion of application even if applying through another site. Relocation expenses are generally not included for USL job openings.
The Manager of Diversity & Inclusion directly supports the daily operations of programs and initiatives focused on driving progress towards US Lacrosse Strategic Plan priorities under Diversity and Inclusion goals. Reporting to the Senior Manager of Diversity & Inclusion, this position works closely with each department across the organization to strengthen and oversee the national strategy and framework to be used for the organization’s diversity and inclusion efforts.
Expected Hours of Work:
US Lacrosse core business hours are 8:00 am to 8:00 pm Monday - Friday and 10:00 am to 2:00 pm on Saturday. This position is generally expected to work 8:30 am to 5:00 pm Monday - Friday and regularly requires longer hours or weekend work as related to events and other business needs.
Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-area and overnight travel may be expected.
Lacrosse experience is not required for this position. Knowledge of lacrosse is preferable.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Should you need an accommodation due to disability, please contact the Human Resources department.
- Works with Sr. Manager, Diversity & Inclusion to administer all aspects of designated US Lacrosse diversity and inclusion programs. Including, but not limited to content development, maintenance, delivery, implementation, reporting, promotion, awareness and adoption of by the national lacrosse community.
- Support program operations, evaluation and recommend structural evolution.
- Support program participant engagement. Engage program participants to establish impactful relationships and deliver USL programming.
- Serve as frontline contact for programs inquiries; handle direct complaints and resolve customer grievances, as required.
- Coordinate effective program communications and marketing (mail, web, and print).
- Grant distributions, reporting, and processing
- Organization of volunteer and staff travel, as needed.
- Specific event planning (meetings, conferences, play days, player clinics, etc).
- Collection, analysis and report generation of set program metrics.
- Support program equipment, materials, inventory, and ordering, as necessary.
- Develops and maintains web content related to programs.
- Ensure collection of program impact and participant demographic data and progress towards goals and comparative metrics for success, consistently track performance and regularly report the outcome.
- Collaborate with US Lacrosse staff to establish cross-department D&I priorities and maximize program impact and promotion.
- Support deployment of program benefits that align with US Lacrosse national standards and best practices.
- Support partnerships and strategic alliance relationships related to sport development and sport safety programs.
- Conduct integration of program processes into US Lacrosse member database, as appropriate.
- Assist with budget management responsibilities including, but not limited to, budget development, reporting, tracking and distribution of funds.
- Weekend and evening work as required.
- Participate in US Lacrosse events and meetings as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
Core Values & Competencies:
- We Influence – Written and Verbal Communication
- We Serve - Customer Focused
- We Create & Innovate - Creativity
- We Collaborate – Peer Relationships
- We are Humble & Honest – Integrity and Trust
- We Embrace Individuality – Diversity
- We Have Fun – Humor
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Required education and experience:
- 2-4 years of work experience in a sports team or program development, business or educational field preferred or equivalent experience.
- Current or former participant in team sports, a belief in the value of a positive team sports experience to a child’s healthy development, and the ability to effectively communicate that value.
- Experience working with and advocating for underrepresented communities.
- Ability to creatively solve problems independently and effectively while considering multiple points of view.
- Ability to communicate clearly, both verbally and in writing with diplomacy with a customer service focus.
- Ability to set goals and to develop short term and long term plans.
- Ability to initiate and work independently in a fast-paced environment and give strong attention to detail.
- Ability to represent both the men’s game and women’s game of lacrosse.
- Must embrace US Lacrosse values, maintain a positive attitude and have a passion for the mission and vision of the organization.
- Knowledge of basic computer applications such as Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe and Outlook; database experience.
- Knowledge of the sport of lacrosse is a plus.
Work Conditions and Physical Requirements:
This job operates in a professional office environment and routinely uses standard office equipment. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is:
- Occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; talk or hear
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works in outside weather conditions, including occasional extreme temperatures
- Occasionally lift and move boxes, supplies, and equipment up to 20-50lbs
- Will experience prolonged sitting, speaking on the phone and keying of data
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position. The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
US Lacrosse Inc is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled