Cambrian Credit Union is searching for an experienced Training & Employee Development Specialist that has a natural ability to deliver engaging learning solutions. Reporting to the Manager, Employee Development, the Training & Employee Development Specialist will be responsible for the design, development, delivery, and coordination of a wide variety of initiatives and programs that build employee knowledge and skill. They will work collaboratively with partners from across the organization on a broad range of projects and is a champion for change and continuous improvement.
As the Training & Employee Development Specialist, you will:
- Partner across the organization on employee training and development needs. Upon completion of a thorough analysis; recommend, develop and deliver employee learning solutions that attain desired results and align with Cambrian’s long term strategic plans.
- Design, develop, coordinate and administer training events relating to service delivery, values-based behavioral competencies, culture, products, procedures, and technology including digital literacy. Maintain training records to ensure employee transcripts are accurate and up-to-date.
- Assist in the ongoing management and development of the Learning Management System (LMS). Leverage technology-based (or hybrid) solutions such as webinars or eLearning where appropriate.
- Work closely with leaders to identify and meet staff training, development, and career planning needs. Assess staff training & development requirements and recommend programs or activities to meet career development objectives.
- With a mindset of continuous improvement, partner with all members of the HR team to enhance the overall employee experience – with an ongoing focus on organizational objectives and employee skill development.
- Assist in the development of internal communication to support organizational change initiatives.
- Provide assistance and support to other members of the Human Resources team as necessary.
- Perform all other duties and functions as deemed necessary or required by the Manager, Employee Development or Senior Vice-President, Human Resources.
What this role requires of you:
- Post-secondary degree, diploma or certificate in Human Resources, and or a Certificate in Adult and Continuing Education (CACE) or Program Development for Adult Learners (PDAL).
- Minimum 3 years of job-related experience in a training or employee development role, with experience developing and delivering training events (both digitally and in a classroom setting)
- Experience in instructional design and in using instructional design software considered an asset.
- Previous experience in the financial services industry (in particular, as a retail lender), considered an asset.
- Proficient in PC applications of Outlook, Word & Excel.
- Critical thinker who analyzes information and uses logic to address issues, problems and challenges.
- Ability to work well in an environment with multiple and often changing priorities
What we offer you in return:
Competitive salary, career progression and professional development, community involvement opportunities and comprehensive benefits package including a pension plan. This position is located at Cambrian’s Head Office on Broadway Avenue in Winnipeg.
How to apply:
Please submit your application to https://cambrian.easyapply.co/. Your resume and cover letter must clearly illustrate how you meet these qualifications.