Housekeeping Supervisor (Seasonal Spring/Summer 2021) - Four Points by Sheraton Kelowna Airport
The Four Points by Sheraton Kelowna Airport is currently accepting applications for a Housekeeping Supervisor. We are located across the highway from the Kelowna International Airport, with convenient transit access just down the street!
If you don't mind variety and are able to work a flexible schedule which includes mornings, weekdays, and weekends, please submit your resume today! We are on a bus route, with a stop just outside of the hotel. We also pickup our employees from the bus loop at UBCO!
This is a seasonal position, with potential to become permanent in the fall.
What we offer:
- Employee discounts on accommodations, dining and marina at our sister properties (Hotel Eldorado, Manteo Resort and Eldorado Marina, and Hampton Inn & Suites)
- World-wide accommodation and dining discounts with Marriott brands
- An excellent work environment, and the opportunity to be a part of a great team!
To assist the Housekeeping Manager in ensuring the smooth and consistent operation of housekeeping and the highest standards are met and maintained, service is attentive, friendly, efficient, and courteous.
- Ensure policies and procedures are followed consistently through daily operations
- Be a champion of Marriott’s Commitment to Clean program
- Provide supporting information to the manager and assistant manager for reporting
- Ensure the day to day operations of housekeeping stay on track. This will include: checking in with housekeepers, shift leads & room checkers regularly, keeping them up to date of need to know tasks, keeping everyone on pace so that rooms are ready for check in time, logging room defects for maintenance and ensuring they are completed
- Assist with training and introduction of new team members
- Delegate tasks accordingly
- Work closely with the Front Desk to stay on top of any changes, guest requests are handled in a timely manner
- Assist with projects as needed
- Assist with lost and found, ensure procedures are followed accordingly
- Efficiently act upon feedback for the benefit of guests
- Efficiently act upon feedback of co-workers for the benefit of the housekeeping workplace
- Maintain an open forum and open door policy with team members
- Work flexibility, may be required to perform housekeeping duties. Hands on, can do attitude
- Manage conflict that may arise through the day to day operations
- Take online training as required by Marriott
- Other duties may be assigned by the Management Team
- Available to work varied shifts: days, weekends and holidays
- Is highly organized and has very effective time management skills
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Outstanding problem solving skills
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada without restriction
Please visit our careers page to see more job opportunities.