Internal Communications Intern
ABOUT VERTAVA HEALTH: Vertava Health is a leading national behavioral healthcare system for mental health and substance use disorders, providing a full continuum of services based on the individuals' varying needs at different times in their health and recovery journey. We apply evidence-based treatment modalities at every level of care and embed digital health tools to enhance and amplify clinical outcomes. With a growing list of Joint Commission accredited inpatient and outpatient locations across the country, a virtual care platform and a national network of healthcare providers, Vertava Health pioneers care that empowers people so that they can live out their best future.
As Internal Communications Intern, you will work to engage, inform and excite the Vertava Health team members. The internal communications internship at Vertava Health exists of three pillars:
- Communications (emails, Chatter, town halls)
- Engagement (internal campaigns to message our “internal story” and drive team member response, participation, and engagement)
- Support of company culture and brand awareness (closely working with the People(HR) and Marketing teams to develop a new Brand Ambassador program)
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Contribute to writing, editing, and distribution of content across diverse channels including intranet, email, newsletters, social media, recruitment sites, live events, digital signage, etc.
- Utilizes Addiction Campuses internal communication channel (Salesforce Chatter) to drive engagement
- Interact and engage with team members to help brainstorm innovative ways of communicating across the organization
- Draft messages or scripts from Senior Executives for presentations to employees
- Design internal campaigns and articles for internal communication channels
- Assist with analysis and reporting of internal campaign efforts
- Create/update PowerPoint presentations and internal communication guides, toolkits, and other resources
- Assist with internal communication metric collection and evaluation (including benchmarking and goal setting)
Education, Experience, Skills, & Abilities:
- Actively pursuing a 4-year college degree in marketing, communications or a closely related field
- Possess excellent written and oral communication skills – experience with editing/proofreading is a plus!
- Strong project management skills with attention to detail
- Positive attitude, proactive mentality, responsive and strong work ethic
- Ability to work with aggressive timelines
- Fluency with Microsoft PowerPoint, Word and Excel
- Ability to sit, use hands and fingers, talk and hear continually. Ability to stand, walk and reach continually. Ability to climb or balance, stoop, kneel, or crouch frequently.
- Ability to frequently lift and carry up to 20 lbs.
- Close vision required to see computer monitors, read documents, and operate copy and fax machine.
- Work environment is indoors and climate controlled. Occasionally exposed to outdoor weather conditions.
Vertava Health is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled