This role is remote within Canada.
Senior DevOps Engineers at Coconut Software act as the technical leads for projects by creating solutions that keep us at the top of our infrastructure game. In joining our growing team, the Senior DevOps Engineer will be an integral part of site reliability at Coconut. They will be responsible for implementing and delivering innovation to the CI/CD pipeline. Security is at the heart of our culture and the Senior DevOps Engineer will document and practice the highest security standards. This role is perfect for a self-starter who is keen to operate with minimal supervision to deliver key initiatives.
We don’t expect people to fit into neat little boxes. We are looking for curious and empathetic people who are driven by a need for continuous learning and growth. We are excited to continue to scale on our path to success by building a diverse and inclusive team.
We’re pretty passionate about what we do, and we’re looking for people as passionate about their work as we are!
YOU’RE FIRED UP TO:
- Work within a team of like-minded professionals to plan, deploy, and maintain critical business applications
- Lead through mentorship while elevating junior and intermediate team members
- Develop and maintain our Kubernetes cluster
- Lead reliability projects and provide guidance for the team’s initiatives
- Support implementation of continuous deployment through cloud solutions
- Understand how IT operations are managed, identify recurring issues, and work with IT & Business partners to remediate using the problem management process
- Utilize various open source technologies
- Use various tools to orchestrate innovative solutions
- Build independent web based tools, microservices and solutions
- Write scripts and automation using Perl/Python/Groovy/Java/Bash
- Configure and manage data sources like MySQL
- Manage source control including SVN and GIT
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TEAM
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience required
- Expert understanding of DevOps engineering best practices
- Extensive experience with:
- Implementing and managing Kubernetes
- Cloud infrastructure
- At least 5+ years of hands-on experience as an SRE or Devops Engineer
- 3+ years cloud networking experience and working in a DevOps environment
- Strong background in Linux / Unix Administration
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and cloud services to improve the continuous deployment process
- A solid understanding of code and script (PHP, Python, Perl and/or Ruby)
- Have working experience with server architecture, DNS, ipv4/ipv6, acl
- Strong critical thinker with problem solving aptitude.
- MariaDB, Elastic Search, Redis
- Must have proficient Oral and Written English language and good communication skills
- General banking knowledge or knowledge related to Wealth Management / Private banking would be an asset
What’s in it for you?
- “Cabana Days” - our version of a four day work week!
- Ability to do your job in a supported, flexible environment;
- Genuine career opportunities in a company that’s creating new jobs weekly;
- Work in a team big enough for growth but lean enough to make a real impact.
A full range of benefits to keep you happy & healthy;
- Competitive Salaries - we pay fairly based on experience and expertise, not your ability to negotiate!
- Health & Dental Benefits featuring Virtual Care
- Annual Wellness Spending Account
- Flexible & Remote Work Opportunities (with a dog friendly office!)
- Employee Stock Option Purchase Plan
- Professional Development & learning opportunities
- Internet Subsidy
- Tiki Bucks Incentive Program
- A People First Company - 4.8 rating on Glassdoor
So, what’s next?
Obviously, we’re looking to ensure it’s a solid fit from both sides: we want you to step into a role you love, and we want to offer you a place in a team you’re proud to work with every day! (even if it’s virtually!) . For a glimpse into our world check out our Instagram here.
Who we are and what we do:
We believe in a world where advisors can create long lasting relationships with their customers and operate more efficiently.
Collaboration. Honesty. Empathy. Elevate. Respect. Sharing.
Coconut Software makes it effortless for customers to connect with their financial institution. Our enterprise appointment scheduling and lobby management solutions are used by leading banks and credit unions across North America, including RBC Royal Bank, Arvest Bank, Vancity and Rogue Credit Union. The result? A seamless customer experience that’s improved NPS scores, reduced wait times and increased conversion rates for the organizations who use it.
Founded in Saskatoon, by 2018 Woman Entrepreneur of the Year, Katherine Regnier, we’ve grown to over 75 employees with offices in Saskatoon, Toronto and a remote team distributed across Canada. After completing the Google Accelerator for Startups and having just closed our Series B funding round (raised $28M CDN led by Klass Capital), we have ambitious growth plans to scale the team and continue to bring exciting new products to market!
Coconut has a company culture that is best in class. With a foundation in and emphasis on people, passion, and performance, we are seen as the disruptor in our space.
Some awards we’re proud of include;
Being named as a Great Place to Work in Canada and one of the Best Workplaces for Inclusion, Best Workplaces for Youth, Best Workplaces for Women and one of the Best Workplaces for Mental Wellness in 2021.