SaaS Application Architect
Summary: SaaS Application Architect is responsible for his own work and for supervising the work of an entire team of software developers. He/she is responsible for designing, developing, and implementing enhancements to the company’s existing web applications and designing, developing, and implementing new applications.
- Participates in the hiring and training of new employees
- Oversees the day-to-day workflow of the team.
- Conducts performance evaluations that are timely and constructive, providing recommendations for promotion.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design code, test and debug software programs
- Evaluate the current product portfolio and develop a migration strategy engaging the application teams to understand their application architecture, business drivers, and application load patterns and create a transition plan for migration.
- Adopt and implement industry standard design patterns and drive scalable architecture patterns within the organization
- Define and develop RESTful APIs to build integrations with partners and lead API Platform strategy
- Design and develop data driven SaaS applications in public cloud and lead Data Platform strategy
- Design and develop web services in Python or Java or .Net C#
- Design and develop workflow and template-driven applications
- Participate in design, code, and product reviews
- Technically mentor team, resolve issues, and provide code-related guidance to team members.
- Stay current on new and emerging trends in cloud computing and evaluate their potential and adoption criteria for SmartLinx.
- Strong leadership skills, having the confidence and resilience to take risks - be self-empowered.
- Proven track record of building highly scalable, secure and responsive multi-tenant distributed systems in cloud environments
- Understands and express ideas/solutions in a comprehensive and practical format.
- Ability to communicate complex concepts to the Executive Committee as well as deep technical discussions with the Architecture/Development community.
- An absolute focus on the user experience - every aspect of a solution should be productized for ease of use.
- Teamwork with a positive approach to ambiguity.
- Research: an inclination to continuous research inside and outside the current focus fields.
Education and Experience:
- BS degree in Computer Science/Electrical Engineering required; Masters' degree preferred
- Minimum 10 years experience in design and development of highly scalable distributed multi-tenant applications that leverage microservice architecture, REST APIs, relational and NoSQL data stores.
- Experience in transforming legacy applications to modern microservice architectures
- Broad understanding of industry trends across software development, architecture, cloud operating platforms, cloud security and data management