Responsible for providing
accounting support and assistance to the Finance team in carrying out the
overall financial and accounting function for the organization. Includes
efficient processing and payment of accounts payable.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Code downloaded credit card transaction
spreadsheet and enter journal into accounting software after matching all expense
- Review and distribute invoices for
- Code and enter invoices into accounting
- Process accounts payable checks
utilizing accounting system.
- Resolve discrepancies through
correspondence with staff and vendors.
- Maintain vendor files in accounting
- Maintain documentation files.
- Process credit card receipt transactions.
- Code and enter cash, credit card and
check receipts into accounting software.
- Verify timesheets for missing punches and
paid time off in payroll system.
- Enter payday specific transactions in
- Process payroll biweekly utilizing
- Prepare reconciling payroll spreadsheet
and enter journal in accounting software.
- Enter mileage and other employee
reimbursements in payroll system.
- Resolve employee inquiries.
Perform reconciliations of payables, capital and restricted accounts, et
- May be assigned other special projects.
- Prepare annual 1099’s and 1096 for federal tax purposes.
- Proactively look into ways to save organization money with
vendors; i.e. analyzing electrical, communication billings, etc.
- Find and use accounting data to resolve accounting problems and
- Perform filing and general administrative tasks.
Diploma, required. Associate’s degree preferred
5 years of
Accounts Payable experience required.
3 years of Microsoft
Dynamics Great Plains accounting software experience required.
management software experience preferred
Strong IT skills
with knowledge of Excel/spreadsheet and Office products.
and attention to detail.
Ability to work
harmoniously with people at all levels of the organization.
ability to acquire understanding and absorb new information rapidly.
Ability to plan,
organize, schedule and budget time in a productive manner.
Able to manage
Ability to meet
internal and external customer needs in a way that provides satisfaction and
results for the customer.
written and oral communication.
Internal: Communicate with Club staff, administrative
staff and President.
External: Communicate with Board Members, donors,
vendors and general public.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/ WORK
The physical demands
described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform
the essential functions.
While performing the duties
of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to
fingers, handle, feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop,
kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee
frequently is required to sit. The employee must regularly lift and/or
move up to 30lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job
include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth
perception and ability to adjust focus.
The information presented
indicates the general nature of work and level of work expected of employees in
this classification. It is not designed to contain, or to be interpreted
as, a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications
and objectives required of employees assigned to this job.
BOYS & GIRLS CLUBS OF GREATER HOUSTON INC. is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled