WHO WE ARE
MILA was created to prove that doing good for the planet doesn’t have to come with compromise. Through trusted culinary innovation and a focus on internationally inspired flavor, MILA delivers an elevated, yet approachable, plant-based dining experience. Our premium casual restaurant concept was built with comfort, warmth, and a goal of bringing people together over a shared meal.
We are a locally owned, fast-paced fine dining restaurant in the heart Vancouver’s historic Chinatown. We believe that we have a responsibility to impart positive change in our community, the environment, and the world. We achieve that through sourcing sustainable food solutions and crafting innovative offerings to prove that eating vegan isn’t a sacrifice but an experience worth sharing.
WHO YOU ARE
As a Bartender at MILA, you hone your craft, driven by the desire to create unique, consistent, and delicious beverages that will draw a crowd. You possess a positive, team-oriented and hospitality-driven mindset and are ready to join a team of dynamic and passionate people.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Manage the opening and closing of the bar space on a daily/nightly basis to MILA’s opening condition standards.
- Established and maintain a safe and clean working environment that meets or exceeds all regulatory standards, policies, and practices.
- Adhere to all food, beverage, employee, and public safety regulations.
- Maintain strong knowledge of the food and beverage menu with the ability to guide guests through the offerings.
- Develop and sustain positive, professional, and long-lasting relationships with the team, guests, and other restaurant partners.
- Creating set and seasonal beverages for guests ensuring consistency with every pour.
- Collaborating with Bar Manager and team to develop new cocktail recipes.
- Taking drink orders from guests and staying on top of orders from service staff, ensuring a smooth flow throughout service.
- Entering drink orders and collecting payment from customers.
- Maintaining constant, open communication with the direct bar team, floor staff, and management.
- Operating miscellaneous machines to support refreshment menu including blenders, coffee makers, etc.
- Washing glassware and bare utensils.
- Preparation of beverage garnishes to ensure a fully stocked bar for every service.
- Monitoring bar inventory and ordering supplies and ingredients when needed.
- Supporting with the hiring and
training of new employees to meet MILA standards.|
Required Skills and Qualifications
- 1+ years working experience as a bartender.
- Mixology or the ability to craft traditional cocktails and create new ones.
- Familiarity with provincial liquor laws and the ability to enforce responsible liquor service.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of food and beverage health and safety initiatives.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and inter-functional team environment.
- Basic math skills and the ability to keep track of customer tabs.
- Must be able to work on your feet with 8+ hours.
- Must be 19 years of age.
- 75% off meals up to $20/per shift.
- 20% off meals outside of working hours.
- FSEAP Mental Health resources.
Please visit our careers page to see more job opportunities.