Title: Metallurgical Lab
Department: Quality Assurance
Supervisor’s Title: Quality Assurance Manager
1. TTP Orientation.
2. Company Basic practices; Safety, QA & HR Policy.
3. API Q1, 5DP, 5CT, ASTM Latest Ed., and relevant
Standard Operating Procedures.
4. Identification and traceability, Product marking and
Test Status activities.
5. Control of Non-conformances.
of High School diploma or GED.
Have operational experience in operation of
Machine Shop/Lab environment.
1. Assist in performing mechanical testing and evaluation
2. Maintain records and documentation of mechanical test
results as per Tejas Tubular procedures and API Q1 requirements.
3. Perform validation and verification of heat treat by
performing destructive testing (Yield and tensile, Hardness, Charpy impact
testing, flattening testing (ERW pipe), high collapse sample preparation as per
Tubing, API/ Customer and other procedures).
4. Maintain test records and traceability on samples.
5. Maintain constant communication with heat treat
personnel on testing status and results.
6. Follow re-testing procedure as per Tubing SOP/ API,
7. Assist in maintaining the Mechanical test laboratory equipment.
testing machine, Wilson Hardness Tester, Charpy Testing machine, milling
machine, Saw, Surface grinder, OD Dial Caliper, micrometers and other measuring
tools as required.
Q1, TTP SOP manual, API 5CT – latest Edition, ASTM standards and all relevant
API Standards and/or customer Specifications.
1. As instructed by Lab
2. Data entry of test results
in tejas database system.
3. Purchase orders
4. Heat Treat audits
the Mechanical test lab.
TEJAS TUBULAR PRODUCTS INC is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled