Monterey Bay Fish Grotto is Pittsburgh’s premier fish and seafood restaurant and boasts stunning views of Pittsburgh’s legendary skyline, high atop Mt. Washington. The menu features sustainably-sourced seafood and seasonal menu features.
Monterey Bay Fish Grotto is a locally-owned restaurant. We are proud that we have been serving Pittsburgh from the same location for over 20 years. Some of our team have been here from the beginning, and we welcome new staff who enjoy serving our guests and maintaining our high standards.
We are closed on New Year’s Day, Super Bowl Sunday, Easter Sunday, Memorial Day, 4th of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Eve and Christmas Day so that our employees can enjoy the holidays with their families. We offer health insurance for full-time employees, dining discounts and generous PTO for managers. We provide a six-week training program when you start along with weekly 1 on 1 meetings with the general manager to make sure you have all the tools you need to succeed.
We are seeking professional and energetic individuals that can deliver high quality food, multitask, take ownership of the position, and train, manage and motivate staff. This position reports to the Executive Chef.
Essentials Functions Include:
- Contribute to success of the restaurant by working well with a team of fellow chefs and managers
- Ability to hire and supervise staff in all kitchen positions while treating all staff in a respectful manner.
- Provide our guests an excellent experience and and the highest quality of food and presentation possible.
- Ensure restaurant cleanliness and safety.
- Possess full knowledge and understanding of our company's handbook, SOPs, and processes; adhere to and enforce those in a fair and consistent manner.
- Maintain knowledge of and responsibility for compliance with all applicable laws.
Successful candidate will exhibit:
- Ability to multitask in an energetic, fast-paced environment.
- Previous restaurant leadership experience a plus.
- Knowledge of culinary and beverage terms, costs, etc.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Strong interpersonal and problem-solving abilities.
- Highly responsible and reliable.
- Ability to work cohesively as part of a team and build relationships.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office 365 programs (Word, Excel, Outlook) a plus.
- Experience with HRPOS or Compeat a plus.
Essential Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
- Constant standing and walking throughout shift.
- Occasional lifting and carrying up to 30 lbs.
- Frequent kneeling, pushing, pulling, sitting.
- Frequent ascending and descending ladders, stairs and.
Monterey Bay Fish Grotto is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Monterey Bay Fish Grotto is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled