Atlantic Housing Foundation:
Atlantic Housing Foundation, Inc. is a 501(c) 3
not-for-profit affordable housing provider. Founded in 1999, we currently own
and operate over 10,000 units of multifamily properties in 6 states and 37
cities. In addition to HUD, HAP and LIHTC properties, Atlantic Housing owns and
operates low and mixed-income multifamily assets, student housing and senior
the Lead Service Technician Role:
The Lead Service Technician is responsible for
ensuring that the physical aspects of the community meet the company’s
established standards for safety, appearance and operation within the budgeted
financial goals. He or she will inspect grounds, building and other community
features daily to identify, minimize and correct hazardous property conditions
or liability concerns. Oversee the physical property, general maintenance
repairs, unit make-ready, preventative maintenance, and construction or
rehabilitation projects for the apartment community to ensure quality and expediency.
Maintain well-organized and property stocked maintenance shop while adhering to
safety standards. Under direction of Community Manager, the Lead Service
Technician will supervise, train and schedule maintenance activities for
maintenance staff. Check work progress of each maintenance staff on daily
basis; provide immediate assistance and instruction if needed. Will be required
to schedule and respond to on-call/after hour emergencies. Additionally, he or
she is responsible for adhering to federal, state and local laws pertaining to
Fair Housing and OSHA regulations.
Why Should You Apply?
believe in the AHF mission and core values
are the best at what you do
meet the qualifications below
every two weeks
phone reimbursement every pay period
Bonus Incentive Payments
for upward mobility
Paid Company Holidays
hours of Volunteer Time Off annually
Paid Time Off accrual
role is eligible for overtime
discount if living on-site
health care insurance plans that cover medical, dental, prescription,
vision, and employer HSA contributions
- Competitive 401(k) Program with employer matching contributions
- High school diploma or equivalent (required)
- 2+ years of supervisory experience (required)
- 3+ years of multi-family maintenance experience or at least 3+
years of commercial maintenance experience (required)
- EPA Sec 608 Certification - either a Type I (small appliances)
plus Type II (AC's), or Type Universal (required)
- Meeting maintenance financial standards by providing
annual budget information; monitoring expenditures; identifying variances;
implementing corrective actions.
- Under direction of the Community Manager, accomplishing
maintenance human resource objectives by training, assigning, scheduling,
coaching, and counseling employees; communicating job expectations;
planning, monitoring, and adhering to policies and procedures.
- Participating in improving maintenance operational
standards by contributing maintenance information to strategic plans;
implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service
standards; resolving problems.
- Familiar with plumbing repairs, tile work, HVAC equipment, appliances,
carpentry repairs, electrical repairs and all facets of an apartment make
- Must have reliable transportation, a valid driver's license and be
able to read, write and speak English.
- Ability to stand and/or sit for long periods of time, as well as
move through the community and maneuver around equipment, climb ladders for
- Must be willing to be on-call
- Must be able to climb up and down a ladder.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Collaborative team player.
- Ability to lift and carry
objects weighing 50 pounds or more.
- Ability to work occasionally in
poor weather conditions, including heat, cold, rain, or snow.
Atlantic Housing Foundation, Inc. is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled