JOB TITLE: Field Support Engineer
DEPARTMENT: Service Support
REPORTS TO: Field Support Supervisor
EMPLOYEE TYPE: Full-Time
LOCATION: 125612 Commercentre Dr. Lake Forest, CA 92630
GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION
Chroma Systems Solutions, Inc. is a leading designer and manufacturer of power testing instruments and systems including programmable AC Power Source and DC Power Supplies, AC loads and DC Electronic Loads, Digital Power Meters and Automated Testing Systems for applications in LED Lighting, Led Drivers, Aerospace, Defense, Military, Automotive, Medical, Battery, Solar, Marine, and Regulatory Testing.
The Field Support Engineer (FSE) is responsible to provide world class on-site assistance to our customers with installation, calibration, troubleshooting and repairing of ATE power measurement systems. The FSE will be responsible to resolve customer issues assigned to them via customer requests for technical assistance within the prescribed resolution time or escalating it when all ideas are exhausted. The FSE will need to learn and understand Chroma PowerPro, BatteryPro and Captivate software packages to the level of being able to diagnose and resolve problems and to train customers on proper usage. Activities are to be accomplished per management directives and in compliance with Chroma USA policies and procedures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Provide on-site installation, calibration, troubleshooting and repairing of ATE power measurement systems, Battery Test Systems and instruments at customer locations
• Provide pre-sales technical support to articulate product functionality and features
• Maintain Product Demo room with operational equipment.
• Conduct product demos / training at Chroma, Customer facilities or online.
• Resolve customer issues assigned to them via customer requests for technical assistance within the prescribed resolution time or escalating it when all ideas are exhausted
• Ability to travel domestically and/or internationally up to 60%
• Read schematics, apply electronic theory to customer issues involving Chroma AC power test instruments duplicating customer setups to assess issue
• Diligent in solving and following up on customer issues
• Become proficient with PowerPro, BatteryPro, Soft Panel and Captivate software
• Continuous review of process for improvements
• Effective time management
• Minimum two years of formal technical school in electricity/electronics AND
• Five years or more experience in use of AC power electronics / Battery Test Solutions OR
• Four year degree in Electronic Technology or Electrical Engineering
• Capacity to work under tight or shifting deadlines and adhere to procedures
• Solid electrical knowledge to be able to understand industry requirements
• Logical approach to problem solving
• Professional level verbal and written communication skills
• Proficient in MS Office
• Ability to work out of a home office
• Field Service experience in a technical discipline is a plus
• Must be a U.S. Citizen, or a Permanent Resident
• Knowledge of PowerPro or Battery Pro software is a plus
• Knowledge of LabVIEW environment is a plus
This is a non-supervisory position.
General office skills and dexterity are required. Must be able to lift 30 pounds.
CHROMA SYSTEMS SOLUTIONS INC is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled