CNC Laser Operator
110 Metalworks Inc., a maker of machined, fabricated, and welded parts and assemblies, seeks a C or B level Laser Operator for our Liverpool, NY location. The Laser Operator will set up and operate the LVD laser cutting machine to produce parts according to print and traveler requirements.
- Responsible for following safe manufacturing and material handling practices, ability to sustain 95% efficiency, and accurately count and record production activity.
- Ability to measure with calipers and a tape measure to take accurate measurements per specific print and drawing tolerances and operate overhead cranes and hand tools. Ability to read material sheet tags and determine material types and gages.
Minimum Qualification Standards:
- 2 years CNC laser machine operation experience required.
- Knowledge of metal fabrication concepts and processes.
- Ability to use a Windows based computer system.
- Must be able to read and interpret blueprints.
- Ability to work Monday – Friday, 6:45am – 3:15pm with occasional overtime including weekends.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Must possess effective writing and verbal communications skills, good organizational skills, be detail oriented, have ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
- Ability to stand, walk, push, pull, reach overhead, and bend to the floor.
- Ability to exert more than 100 pounds of force occasionally, 50 pounds of force frequently, and 25 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Exposure to high noise levels, physical hazards from moving equipment and machine parts, fumes, dust, coolants, and oils.
110 Metalworks Inc. is an AAP/EEO employer and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of a person's race, religion, creed, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or family status, pregnancy, military status, veteran status, predisposing genetic characteristics or carrier status, arrest or conviction record, domestic violence victim status, or any other legally protected class or status.