THE ROLE: MECHANICAL ENGINEER
CubicFarms is looking for an experienced Mechanical Engineer to join a dynamic and innovative company on the leading edge of the ag-tech revolution as a part of the Engineering Team.
We believe in technology to feed a changing world. CubicFarms (TSXV: CUB) is an ag-tech company providing automated growing systems for fresh produce and nutritious livestock feed. CubicFarms offers turnkey, commercial scale, hydroponic, automated controlled-environment growing systems that can grow predictably and sustainably for 12 months of the year virtually anywhere on earth. The company has sold and installed systems in Canada and internationally, and continues to grow a global pipeline of prospective customers. Visit us at www.cubicfarms.com
- We treat people with respect.
- We celebrate our wins and have fun.
- We are curious and continually seek to expand our knowledge base.
- We are resourceful and self starters.
- We have a passion to get better everyday.
- We are accountable for our actions and decisions.
- You’re the type of person who can’t walk out the door with anything left undone. You like all of the boxes ticked off and make schedules and lists when no one cares but you. It’s in your DNA.
- You are a self-motivated, passionate, experienced individual who is looking for an opportunity to work with an emerging organization with a great deal of room for advancement.
- You are an entrepreneurial minded, hands on person who leads by example and thrives on solving challenging problems.
- You have a green thumb and a jack of all trades. You are just as comfortable using a spreadsheet as you are using a wrench.
- You are motivated by thought of working in the new and upcoming Ag-Tech industry.
- You are reliable, proactive, and willing to take the lead on tasks that need to be accomplished.
- You have the ability to structure yourself in an unstructured environment and are motivated to learn new skills.
- You are willing to work during various hours throughout the day and lend a hand where required to get the job done.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering, consideration given to other qualifications with relevant experience
- Certifications in Engineering, Architecture, Project Management or Six Sigma an asset
- 5 years experience working as a Mechanical or Process Engineer
- Solidworks experience with PDM
- Designs products and processes for manufacturing using CAD software (Solid Works)
- Creates and tests product prototypes having constructed & analyzed 3D model.
- Tests finished product for quality purposes and recommends changes to product specifications as necessary
- Sources materials necessary to build a prototype, scale the prototype in a cost-effective manner.
- Identifies and develops processes and equipment needed to produce specific products, parts, and components
- Ensures any production procedures efficiently utilize materials and personnel.
- Ensures product design and manufacturing meets any and all safety regulations and ISO requirements
- Creates and maintains drawings and files
- Provides technical support for basic engineering design related inquiries
- Document changes to drawings & BOM via ECR/ECN process
- Collaborates with internal staff to develop design solutions that will meet customer needs
- Familiarity with 3D printing & troubleshooting
- Creating Purchase Orders and following up in ERP system for inventory control
- Other duties as assigned.
- Experienced in supply chain management with overseas suppliers
- Mechanically minded with machinery design experience a plus
- Have experience using or implementing an ERP system with a firm understanding of BOM & Revision Control best practices
- Experience with NetSuite an asset
- Understands a product roadmap and steps necessary to bring products to market
- Skills in interpersonal communications, negotiation and conflict resolution
- Highly proficient with Solidworks. Consideration given to candidates with experience using other modeling packages.
- Competent with Microsoft suite tools - Word, PP, Excel & Teams primarily
- Competent in decision make, analysis, innovation, and customer focus.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to interact with co-workers, suppliers and other personnel effectively.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive Paid Time Off
- Comprehensive Health Benefits
- Competitive Compensation Plan
- Flexible Work Environment
- Casual Dress Code
- Engaging Employee Wellness Program
- Career Development Opportunities
Interested applicants may apply to the position by submitting their applications on our Careers page. Applicants must apply before the application deadline; however, the position may remain open until the it is filled.
CubicFarms is an equal opportunity employer is committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We encourage applications from all qualified and enthusiastic candidates. CubicFarms is a growing organization in an emerging industry that will provide the right candidate with significant potential for advancement in the Ag-Tech space.