E-INFOSOL LLC is seeking a highly motivated Principal Systems Engineer III (Storage & Backup) to be a Full-time employee in Pocatello, ID. Come join a team that collaborates across the entire organization to bring the right solution to our customers and drive innovation.
The Principal Systems Engineer III (Storage & Backup) will be responsible for design, deployment, testing, certification, patching, addressing interoperability issues, not only of the base storage & backup system, but for all features, components, and application dependencies.
- Design, implement, and provide ongoing support of the Storage & Backup Infrastructure.
- Serve as the subject matter expert (SME) for all Storage & Backup environments.
- Create and maintain storage infrastructure for both bare-metal and virtual machines with the appropriate SAN, network, or local storage configurations, using both OEM and third-party tools that include virtual storage tools and services.
- Provision/configure required storage & backup for servers.
- Evaluate, improve, and maintain the information security throughout the storage & backup infrastructure.
- Monitor and correct storage issues and create recovery processes for hardware failures and performance bottlenecks and configure alerts for proactive response times.
- Install, configure, test, and maintain system management tools, SAN and Tape infrastructure and server plugins with the latest hardware and software patch and firmware versions.
- Proactively ensure the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability to include verification of the replication of data, fail over copies, redundant data sets.
- Monitor and test application performance for potential bottlenecks, identify possible solutions, and work with developers to implement those fixes.
- Maintain security, backup, and redundancy strategies.
- Write and maintain custom scripts to increase system efficiency and lower the human intervention time on any tasks, such as automated provisioning storage with Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS).
- Participate in the design of information and operational support systems.
- Provide 4th level support.
- Liaise with vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution.
- Ensure technical documentation exists for all systems and is kept up to date to include inventory and patch levels of all systems to include hostnames, property numbers, IP addresses, enclave, number of cores, number of processors, admin passwords, certificates, and service accounts on a monthly interval.
- Integrate systems with Windows and Linux as it applies to core service dependencies. Engineer and implement solutions for multi factor authentication with FBI standardized software and hardware.
- Document system configurations including passwords, access controls, version number, and revision numbers, patch levels, and inventory to include hostnames, TCP/IP addresses, number of processors, and number of cores, memory, and license keys.
- Continually transition knowledge to the Government staff through training and assistance on how to use technology using industrys best practices.
- Provide real-time reporting of storage provisioned and utilized resources to include performance metrics for tape and disk space consumption, storage availability, performance, and trends.
- 10+ years of experience with NetBackup and IBM Spectrum Protect Suite
- Advanced Mainstream Storage Vendor Certification is required.
- Experience with Storage Area Network (SAN), Network Attached Storage (NAS), Tape, local disk, Fibre Channel, iSCSI, etc.
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field
- Must be US Citizen with an Active Top-Secret w/SCI Eligibility
E-INFOSOL is a Service Disabled and Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) located in the Washington, D.C. metropolitan area. We are a premiere IT Security, Cloud and Virtualization provider servicing both federal and state government, and private sector customers. Through strategic partnerships with top industry players such as Amazon Web Services (AWS), VMware, Microsoft and Nutanix, we can provide an array of IT products and solutions, combining them with our expertise.
E-INFOSOL has 10 years in the digital world, expanding with new clientele and jobs rapidly. E-INFOSOL is constantly aware of technical changes within IT and wants to ensure future candidates can make a difference with contributing their different skills and knowledge. We offer an array of architectural, engineering, and information technological jobs to a diverse group of candidates. Come join the E-INFOSOL family and be a part of the vast growing culture that contributes to the world.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
E-INFOSOL LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.