The Executive Housekeeper is responsible for ensuring the Housekeeping department is operating in an efficient manner and providing all guests with quality service and a clean & safe environment throughout their stay while effectively managing expenses and maximizing service levels.
- High School Diploma or GED certificate is preferred
- Minimum one year hotel housekeeping management experience required
- Basic computer skills required
- Long hours sometimes required
- Medium work - exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 20 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects
- Ability to stand for long hours at a time
- Must be able to work mornings, nights, weekends, and holidays as dictated by hotel business levels
- Must be able to convey information and ideas clearly, both oral and written
- Must be able to evaluate and select among alternative courses of action quickly and accurately
- Must be able to work well in stressful, high pressured situations including the ability to handle guest complaints and disputes and resolve them to satisfactory results
- Must maintain composure and objectivity under pressure
- Must be effective in handling problems in the workplace, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary
- Must be able to work with and understand financial information and data
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying concerns and issues raised by team members and guests
Duties and Functions:
- Approach all encounters with guests and team members in a friendly, service oriented manner.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Peachtree Hotel Group standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of appearance and grooming, which include wearing a correct nametag and uniform when working.
- Have knowledge and understanding of all department policies and procedures, and communicate and enforce all policies fairly and consistently with staff.
- Comply at all times with Peachtree Hotel Group standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Motivate, coach, counsel and discipline all team members according to Peachtree Hotel standards.
- Inspect rooms daily, and ensure that some rooms are inspected with supervisors on a daily basis.
- Maintain a regularly scheduled cleaning program (i.e. floor care, deep cleaning, mattress flipping, etc.) and maintain a detailed checklist for each position.
- Assist in ensuring compliance with all corporate Risk Management (MSDS, HazComm, etc.).
- Ensure that public areas, guest rooms and heart of the house areas are cleaned to Peachtree Hotel Group standards.
- Assist in maintaining required pars of all housekeeping and laundry supplies by regularly scheduled inventories and proper ordering.
- Monitor work orders and submit to engineering according to hotel procedures.
- Follow-up on work orders to ensure completion.
- Conduct pre-shift meetings for all room attendants and housemen.
- Respond to emergency situations using information contained in MSD sheets current and easily available.
- Operate pagers, cell phones and radios efficiently and professionally in communicating with hotel staff. Ensure proper use of radio/phone etiquette within the department.
- Monitor out-of-order, out-of-service, and show rooms.
- Maintain open communication with Guest Services.
- Balance and clear room status nightly; compare the p.m. housekeeping report with hotel system room status report and resolve discrepancies.
- Reviewing housekeeping team member’s hours for payroll and submit to accounting on a timely basis.
- Preparing team member schedule according to business forecast, payroll budget guidelines and productivity requirements.
- Anticipate and assess guests’ needs, and respond in a courteous and professional manner.
- Know and understand all services and amenities the hotel offers.
- Practice proper safety rules to ensure the safety and security of all guests and Team Members (issuance of keys, not announcing room numbers and fire procedures).
- Actively participates in hotel’s PIC program.
- Ensure all carpets and floors are vacuumed and swept daily.
- Ensure all furniture, pictures, decorations, appliances and structural surfaces stuck as wall fixtures, window sills and vents are dusted and cleaned daily.
- Ensure proper changing of linen and re-making of beds according to standards.
- Ensuring the shower is clean; free of soap scum, hair and mildew.
- Check for mildew and damaged shower curtains.
- Ensure carts are well maintained.
- Order and inventory linen.
- Ensure proper labor standards are met.
- Run VIP report on a daily basis to inspect rooms.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- Attend or conduct all/training/meetings as required by management.
Reports to: General Manager
Notice: The hotel business functions seven days a week, 24 hours a day. All team members must realize this fact and be aware that, at all times, it may be necessary to move team members from their accustomed shift, as business demands. In addition, this is a hospitality business and a hospitable service atmosphere must be projected at all times.
This job description is a general representation of the duties and responsibilities commonly found for the type of position.
Hampton Inn & Suites Jekyll Island is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled