Maryland Pump & Tank, Inc., a leader in the Petroleum Industry for over 50 years, is seeking Petroleum Service Technicians. Join a growing team of professionals in this dynamic industry who help protect the environment! Only energetic, reliable candidates with a can-do attitude need apply.
Petroleum Service Technicians work independently or as part of a team to install, start-up and repair mechanical, electronic and computer systems that operate fueling facilities. Examples include service stations, marinas, transportation companies and more.
[HVAC Technicians, ATM Technicians, Commercial Kitchen Equipment Technicians, Appliance Technicians may have a compatible/transferrable skill set]
- Rewarding and challenging position
- Opportunity for personal growth and development, education and advancement
- Company truck and tools provided
- Training provided
- Clean and valid MD driver's license
- Must be drug-free
- Demonstrable mechanical aptitude
- Strong demonstrable diagnostic skills
- Knowledge of AC and DC circuitry
- Understanding of electronic logic and circuitry
- Understanding of electrical loads, relays, motors and capacitors
- Proficient in computer operating systems, software and hardware
- Strong safety record - must follow safety protocol
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Techs must also be:
- Physically fit, ability to climb ladders, stand, walk, bend, kneel, stoop, be in confined spaces and lift 75 lbs
- Polite and articulate with strong customer service skills and neat, clean and professional demeanor
The ideal candidate will have proven experience in the petroleum equipment industry with certifications from various manufacturers such as Wayne, Veeder-Root, VeriFone, Gilbarco, INCON, etc. Training will be provided for individuals without certifications through our fast-track training program.
Competitive wages. Experienced and/or certified Petroleum Service Technician salary is commensurate with experience and ability.
Position is full-time, M-F 7:30-4pm with overtime likely. Some travel may be required for training. Most work is completed in the Baltimore/Metro area, but the service area extends to the state of Maryland, Southern PA, northern VA, and Delaware.
Benefits including group health, dental, supplemental and life insurance, Paid Time Off (PTO) accrual, paid Holidays, SIMPLE IRA, and more!
Maryland Pump & Tank attracts team members who lead with a pro-active work style. Our team is committed to performing work to the highest standards and we take pride in creating successful outcomes. We are an achievement-oriented organization. If you identify with these concepts, we want to hear from you!
Submit resume with salary requirement.
Job Type: Full-time
- High school or equivalent