Guest Services Agent - Eldorado Resort (Seasonal Spring/Summer 2021)
Our spectacular Eldorado Resort is situated right on the shores of Okanagan Lake, a few kilometers south of the William R. Bennett bridge. Eldorado Resort consists of Hotel Eldorado, Manteo, and Eldorado Marina, with world-class amenities including multiple outlets, gyms, indoor and outdoor pools, boardwalk, tennis courts, and a private beach.
If you are looking for exciting and rewarding opportunities to showcase your talent and join a team that brings out the best in each other, then we want to hear from you! Our beautiful lakeside property offers a wide range of exciting career opportunities. We offer competitive earnings potential, employee discounts on water sport rentals, discounted food & beverage at all our Argus Properties Ltd owned Restaurants and Hotels, fun social events, and great colleagues!
These are seasonal positions from approx June - September 2021. Start and end dates may change based on the needs of the business.
Under the direction of the Front Office Manager, our Guest Services Agents are responsible for ensuring and maintaining a consistently high standard of guest service. You’ll be responsible for checking guests in and out, and maintaining the smooth flow of front desk services and daily operations according to the standards of Eldorado Resort.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
- Consistently provide a high level of customer service to all guests and employees
- Ensure an efficient reception experience for guests, including check in/out, and complete audit procedures as required
- Accommodates any special requests whenever possible.
- Communicate information to the appropriate hotel personnel/departments
- Work closely with the Housekeeping Department on room status reports
- Maintain guest room key storage
- Ensure duty managers are kept fully aware of any relevant feedback from guests and other departments
- Achieve positive outcomes from guest requests in a timely and efficient matter
- Demonstrate knowledge of hotel room categories, room rates, packages, promotions and other general product knowledge as necessary to perform daily duties
- Maximize room occupancy and practice up-selling techniques to promote hotel services and facilities
- Use the correct procedures regarding the acceptance of foreign currencies, credit cards and cash in accordance with hotel credit policy
- Accurately note and enter guest parking passes (seasonal)
- Comply with hotel security, fire regulations and all health and safety legislation
- Act in accordance with policies and procedures when working with front of house equipment and property management systems
- Follow company policies and procedures
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Previous experience in a customer-focused industry
- Previous experience in a hotel/front desk role, knowledge of OPERA property management system is an asset
- Positive attitude and excellent communication skills
- Commitment to delivering a high level of customer service
- Ability to work on your own and as part of a team
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Competent level of computer proficiency
- Ability to work flexible shifts, including evenings, weekends and holidays
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada. The resort is unable to assist those without a visa.
Please visit our careers page to see more job opportunities.